`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 blasters Topps Chrome 2013 (Updated more stuff)

2 blasters Topps Chrome 2013 (Updated more stuff)
No autos, but some nice looking cards this year. The look translated well into chrome. The inserts are really nice. Got a Trout die cut, Hamels DieCut, sepia /75 upton and the 1972 chromes are awesome ... Got Heyward, but these will bring me back for more ... And of course, will be picking up some on eBay.

[Image: null_zps09201af3.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2 blasters Topps Chrome 2013
Nice! I really like this set. Good looking break.

(09-27-2013, 10:40 AM)Neifert Wrote: Nice! I really like this set. Good looking break.
Agreed. The cards are nice, the subsets are nice. For some reason, it looks as if production values are up from last year on this product ... Or maybe it's just me?
Thanks! Some products, even without a major hit, I still feel like I got my value from the blaster. This is one of them. The purple retail cards are a nice bonus to the blaster!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-27-2013, 11:43 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Agreed. The cards are nice, the subsets are nice. For some reason, it looks as if production values are up from last year on this product ... Or maybe it's just me?
Thanks! Some products, even without a major hit, I still feel like I got my value from the blaster. This is one of them. The purple retail cards are a nice bonus to the blaster!
Is it one pack of purples per blaster like last year?

My only complaint is collation but that can be said for just about every product. The last 2 boxes I opened had almost identical base cards. 4 boxes and no Puig, Harper, Harvey, or Fernandez Base? I've had great luck but just weird. I'll probably buy a blaster or 2 while its new. See if the rule of hot early works on this product as well.

Congrats DrM.....folks ripped the 2013 base design, but I loved it and am positive that is why the chrome looks really nice this year (plus the '72 design is just the best....way better than '75 IMO). Thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

So I went to a nearby Walmart and they had nothin so I went to the next one and got every blaster they had (5). Think I did well. Will post later, but I got some puig and an auto

(09-27-2013, 01:10 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats DrM.....folks ripped the 2013 base design, but I loved it and am positive that is why the chrome looks really nice this year (plus the '72 design is just the best....way better than '75 IMO). Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, Joe!
Yeah, I'm diggin' the '72s. One of my favorite Topps years (agreed, much better than '75) of all time!
I admit, I wasn't totally loving the 2013 design when it was first previewed in Beckett, but over time, it's grown on me, and it does make a superior Chrome card!

BTW: congrats to you on that awesome redeemed Miggy/Kaline auto! Super-Sweet card, Bro!

the '72s are sweet i'm thinking about the set

RE: 2 blasters Topps Chrome 2013 (updated 2 more blasters 1 Prizm hanger)
(09-27-2013, 11:47 AM)Neifert Wrote: Is it one pack of purples per blaster like last year?

My only complaint is collation but that can be said for just about every product. The last 2 boxes I opened had almost identical base cards. 4 boxes and no Puig, Harper, Harvey, or Fernandez Base? I've had great luck but just weird. I'll probably buy a blaster or 2 while its new. See if the rule of hot early works on this product as well.
Yep!
One pack of 4 purples per blaster, one pack of 3 orange per hanger.
Here's what I got today ... No Topps Chrome auto's ... Feel stupid, could have ordered a hobby box for less than I paid for all these blasters! Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Collation? I guess that accounts for getting a Darvish triumvirate Smile
[Image: null_zps9217121d.jpg]

Jeter, Darvish and Puig purples! Strasberg blue /199. Still love the 1972s but trade or eBay from now on. I'm done with the blasters. Might still do 1 hobby box. $65 @ blowout and Dave&adam ... Anywhere else cheaper?
Funny, I just sent out a trade to Phillies-Joe with a die cut Hamels ... It got replaced within 20 minutes ... I guess I can't get rid of Hamels if I try Smile

I did pick up one hanger of Prizm ... Don't know why, but glad I did! At least I got a PC guy (Aramis Ramirez) auto!
[Image: null_zps9512b036.jpg]

Not bad looking cards. The reds are bonus from the hanger packs!

I have a ton of 1972 if you wanna trade that Puig Smile lots of Yankees stuff.