`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Tier One? Is it worth it?

2013 Tier One? Is it worth it?
I just want your take on 2013 Tier One thus far.

RE: 2013 Tier One? Is it worth it?
(09-03-2013, 04:50 PM)lcm1223 Wrote: I just want your take on 2013 Tier One thus far.
Not sure. Depends on your expectations. I didn't buy it. Thought the price was too high for what was potentially a bomb. If the price was about half, I'd pick it up.
Someone pulled a case hit of a Cal Ripken Bat Knob ... he'd disagree with me. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I don't really feel comfortable dropping $100 for 3 cards. I watched a box break video and saw a guy pull about $20 worth of value for the 3 cards. Instead, I tried to buy as many singles as I could for the price of 3 boxes, as I had money left over from stuff I sold, and I ended up getting 16 cards; 7 more than I would have gotten if I just bought 3 boxes off the shelf. It takes away the thrill of maybe pulling a 1/1, but they're all cards I'll more than likely PC.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

(09-03-2013, 05:19 PM)JamesMichael32 Wrote: I don't really feel comfortable dropping $100 for 3 cards. I watched a box break video and saw a guy pull about $20 worth of value for the 3 cards. Instead, I tried to buy as many singles as I could for the price of 3 boxes, as I had money left over from stuff I sold, and I ended up getting 16 cards; 7 more than I would have gotten if I just bought 3 boxes off the shelf. It takes away the thrill of maybe pulling a 1/1, but they're all cards I'll more than likely PC.
+10000000 Smile I totally agree in all aspects of cards...let everyone else blow $100's - $1,000's of dollars on boxes & get only a couple bucks worth of crap & you buy the one premium card that you will really enjoy for so much less it would take to get that one lucky pull from a box. That's just good business sense! Buy what you want, not what you hope to get!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

Yeah like some have done, rather take that 100, and shop it on the bay for tier 1 I like. Betcha u can get twice as many good cards or autos. Thanks. Or do a online break. Just did a platinum one where he does pick a pack. Bowman plat was 8 a pack. Bought 4 packs a d hit a taveras relic auto. I was happy!! Thanks.

Right now I love tier one, I'm only 80.00 in the box (less than 100) and got a dual relic auto of Cal Ripken Jr numbered to 15, the other guys are right with risk vs reward and just shopping on the bay to get a bigger bang for your buck. Me I have an addiction, I LOVE to gamble, and I also purchased a case, so when that arrives later this week ill get back to you about if I like it.