`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
funny story

funny story
whats up all. so funny story. just recently cancelled on a trade because i figured i can find the card elsewhere. so come to read the traders comment, he write me back and says that he wasnt going to trade for that junk anyways. i was like wow, junk u say. so i wrote back and said that he didnt have to be a jerk about it and that i do not have junk. then he rights back and says that he wasnt about to trade for what was listed. i then wrote back and said, that is why i sent the trade back to u. i took off the cards that were in a trade and sent it back so he could something else. i also said that if my cards were junk, then why did he chose those cards in the first place. he never wrote back. looked at his history, on 2 trades and thats it. man, is this what the beckett site has become? just one and done traders? i hope things will change. just felt like ranting. thanks all.

RE: funny story
ouch. why would he say that?

No, that's not what the site has become - I hope anyways. I'm getting tired of some of these guys giving all of us new guys a bad name. I only have 8 trades but great feedback and hope to do many more!

Ive had pretty bad exchanges with some traders of late. Some people dont understand how negotiating works. You make an offer and then you counter it. You dont laugh at the persons offer and say not a chance or call their offer junk. Then of course there are the people that just let the trade sit for a week and never reply even though they are doing something because you see cards you inquired about disappear from the offer.
Is this thing on?

I'm just so tired of nickle and diming traders who hesitate on trades because the BV is off by a few bucks or less. Negotiating takes the fun out of trading. I'm moving my trading slowly over to the blog world where people trade out of kindness. They make connections and mail cards to other bloggers at random times, and vice versa.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Yeah idk why they have to do that. And for new traders and old, I have no problems what so ever trading with u. It takes a lot to make me mad. And I try to make things up if a trade didn't work out.
But yeah, I do this for fun. I enjoy going back and forth. That's the fun part.
And for the record the card he declined on was a Trevor Bauer auto rc bowman with a perralta auto as well.
His, a longo chrome to 25 graded. Lol

(08-26-2013, 05:00 PM)DLKnives Wrote: No, that's not what the site has become - I hope anyways. I'm getting tired of some of these guys giving all of us new guys a bad name. I only have 8 trades but great feedback and hope to do many more!
yep i feel bad for new traders but its true most these days are not what they were here like 2 years ago.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

well what do u do. i like this site. started i believe 3 years ago on here. i really dont want to move all my org out. but i thought that it was funny that he said that i had junk cards!! lol

dang joe, why you so snappy!?
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

The vast majority of the traders here are great, but there are the occasional ones who greatly overvalue what they have or use eBay as negotiating power....to me trading is to avoid using eBay or buying.

I usually do try and balance out trades to be close to even bv but a few bucks off isn't always a big deal especially depending on need.

Thankfully I've not really had much bad experience around here, most people are great