Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Grant Balfour- WTTF/WTB Attempting a Rainbow
Rainbow 
Grant Balfour- WTTF/WTB Attempting a Rainbow
I became a Balfour fan last year. If you've ever witnessed "Ragefest" you might understand. The guy is an Aussie Bad A**. Anyways, I was fortunate enough to be there for A's game 162 last year where the A's clinched the West and Balfour closed out the game. Was the best game that I've ever been to. For 2013 I was elated to see that Topps used the celebration between Balfour and Norris from this game as Grant Balfour's card. And so I am attempting to complete the rainbow. The toughest task (of course) will be to find the platinum 1/1 but I also need the silver slate /10, most of the mini's and s few others. Any help with my quest is greatly appreciated. Here's what I have so far...
[Image: AsGrantBalfour1_zpse65e0c98.jpg][Image: AsGrantBalfour2_zpsb677c960.jpg]
On the final game of the A's vs Indians series I got my seats close to the A's bullpin and was lucky to catch Balfour signing before the game. Made the series for me Big Grin
[Image: AsGrantBalfour_zpsd9cf174b.jpg]

RE: Grant Balfour- WTTF/WTB Attempting a Rainbow
Looks good! I'm a big A's fan myself and I'm attempting the impossible.....I'm going for the TEAM rainbow. I have about half of the silver slate /10 so far, but no Balfour yet. You need an orange Balfour for your rainbow right now. I'll keep an eye out for you. Good luck!

Go A's!

(08-20-2013, 10:51 PM)Chinmusic Wrote: Looks good! I'm a big A's fan myself and I'm attempting the impossible.....I'm going for the TEAM rainbow. I have about half of the silver slate /10 so far, but no Balfour yet. You need an orange Balfour for your rainbow right now. I'll keep an eye out for you. Good luck!
I love projects like that. I've tried to put together a team set of the topps black border /61 but I became sidetracked and scraped it. I've also done it with chrome gold /50. I wish I would have done the A's last year but the Cespedes rookie drove the price up. The silver slate idea is awesome but very difficult. I MUST see it when completed. Are they going to continue silver slate for the topps update set I wonder? It fun having to slowly and meticulously piece together a project like that. There's nothing like the feeling of 1 by 1 discovering the pieces essential and obtaining them like you stuck gold. Good luck with that team set!

I love that Balfour card... If I'm not mistaken there are a couple of A's celebrations in the set? Have to give it to Topps flagship and some of their photos...
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

As far as I know Update will add yet another color. It is a sapphire /25 that will include all of the cards from Topps series 1 and 2. I started out just going for the Silver /10, but decided to TRY for the whole lot of them. So far I'm I have these A's

Gold.....23/23
Red Target...23/23
Walmart....23/23
Emerald......23/23
Blue sparkle....23/23
Purple TRU.....20/23
Orange Factory....9/23
Camo.....8/23
Black......9/23
Pink.....6/23
Silver /10......11/23

Added a few more. Still on the hunt for more that I need. If you can help please let me know so we can work out a trade. Thanks! I will get a list up soon...
Grant Balfour photo AsGrantBalfour4_zps45c689dd.jpg
Grant Balfour 2013 Topps mini plates photo AsGrantBalfour5_zpsfce1aec2.jpg