`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
While I understand the use of buckets...

RE: While I understand the use of buckets...
(08-14-2013, 07:01 PM)uwash97 Wrote: I would guess that the people that do that are active traders/sellers on several different sites, not just Beckett. For them it's probably easier to only manage their bucket and then add stuff to Org if they get interest in a deal here on Beckett. If they only trade on here occasionally they may not want to have to update their Org every time they make a trade or sale elsewhere. Just a thought. But could also be they don't want to take the time or also that they want to maintain some control over the trade. If something is in Org marked for trade some people take offense if you say "I don't want to trade that card for your card" especially if you initiated the trade. They just assume everything marked FT is fair game for anything. There is no way of indicating how attached you are to a card in Org, LOL. Maybe if they could add HTG, VHTG, VVHTG tags etc it would be easier. I used to have a lot more "good stuff" listed FT thinking I would only trade those for certain things I really really wanted but guess what constantly got requested in EVERY trade? I hated having to tell people no so I just removed everything I would hate to give up and just decided to keep it PC.
i think he hit the nail on the head.. although everyone has valid points. 9 outve 10 trades get a guy who wants a 500$ card but doesn't even have that combined in his org so you have to cancel repeatedly.. quite irritating. Sometimes certain players will draw certain trades also. am I gonna trade a demarco murray 200$ card for a matt leinart 200$ card? chances are probably not.. so the leinart trader will get mad because its the same BV but I wont trade for it.. will always be like that. (I bring this particular trade up because im the murray guy and someone else is the leinart)
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(08-14-2013, 04:36 PM)philc80 Wrote: ...wouldn't it be a little bit more effective to put all cards that are up for trade or potentially tradable, in your organize?

I guess it's frustrating when I get trade offers for my high-end and all I see is low-end in the other guy's organize. Then I get, "I have more that's not listed, check my bucket, etc..." And it pretty much translates into PITA for me lol.
The one drawback about putting your high end cards in your org is that almost every trade offer has You giving a high end for a ton of crap.... then the trader wont deal with ya on low end stuff because all they want is the high end now...lol

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(08-14-2013, 08:09 PM)floydtown Wrote: If I want a scan THEN I can look at a bucket.
I entirely agree, and if someone wants to see a specific card from me, I will scan it and send it to him. I have everything in my org, even my PC so I can keep track of it. Other traders can't see parts of my collection, but that is just for me anyway.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(08-15-2013, 08:08 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: i think he hit the nail on the head.. although everyone has valid points. 9 outve 10 trades get a guy who wants a 500$ card but doesn't even have that combined in his org so you have to cancel repeatedly.. quite irritating. Sometimes certain players will draw certain trades also. am I gonna trade a demarco murray 200$ card for a matt leinart 200$ card? chances are probably not.. so the leinart trader will get mad because its the same BV but I wont trade for it.. will always be like that. (I bring this particular trade up because im the murray guy and someone else is the leinart)
I've cancelled trades repeatedly due to the same thing (nothing in their org that comes even close to any of my high end) And I'm not going to spend the time guessing what's what in your bucket. I once had a guy offer me about 25 base cards for one of my high end cards. Sorry bud, I'm an eagles fan, but I'm not an idiot lol

People definitely need to understand that just because two cards have the same BV, it's not necessarily a good trade for both sides. I list everything, PC included, because for the right cards, anything is tradeable (at least for me). But if you want the best, you better bring the best!
(08-15-2013, 08:22 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: The one drawback about putting your high end cards in your org is that almost every trade offer has You giving a high end for a ton of crap.... then the trader wont deal with ya on low end stuff because all they want is the high end now...lol
I guess I can't generalize and say that absolutely NO ONE will trade high end for a bunch of crap... but come on man!!

Always looking for Russell Wilson RC Autos, Andrew Luck RC Autos, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Michael Jordan

I've traded high end for 6 cards before. I never look in buckets either. I have a bucket for my own purpose and whomever wants to look at MY collection. What's in my org is for trade... if someone looks through my bucket and says "hey what do you need for that tom Brady auto" I'd say I want a specific need and would hope he respects that's my answer.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(08-15-2013, 01:38 PM)philc80 Wrote: I guess I can't generalize and say that absolutely NO ONE will trade high end for a bunch of crap... but come on man!!
EXACTLY... thats all I got once I put a few cams, and sanders, and namath autos in my org...its all anybody wanted and once I said I wouldnt trade down they would not even entertain trading smaller cards.

Here we go again....

Had a trade come in today asking for some of my $200+ cards totaling well over $600.. excited to see what the trader had to offer, I was yet disappointed yet again to see a bunch of base cards and a majority of cards not even worth up to $10.

Mind boggling..
Always looking for Russell Wilson RC Autos, Andrew Luck RC Autos, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Michael Jordan

(08-20-2013, 03:54 PM)philc80 Wrote: Here we go again....

Had a trade come in today asking for some of my $200+ cards totaling well over $600.. excited to see what the trader had to offer, I was yet disappointed yet again to see a bunch of base cards and a majority of cards not even worth up to $10.

Mind boggling..
dont add the big dogs....