`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Brief history of trading cards...Staubach style...UPDATED....UNO MAS!!!!

Brief history of trading cards...Staubach style...UPDATED....UNO MAS!!!!
[Image: staubachhistory1rs_zps940493de.jpg]

Been working on some new custom templates with my favorite subject....thought some folks here might like to see......

This is part one......have enough for a part two and a part three I think.....maybe even a part four........plan is to have a Staubach card for every year from 1969 to present.....with maybe a few other years added in as well.....designs are based mostly on Topps (and not all football either).....but do have at least one Fleer.....maybe others? can't remember!!

leaving the football designs between 1972 through 1979 alone for now since Staubach has cards in those years.....no need to mess with a good thing

let me know if y'all would like to see some of the rest of what I currently have ready to display
FINALLY!!!! A good reason to get excited about Dodger baseball in 2013!!!

[Image: puigtrio2_zps25e65fc1.jpg]

RE: Brief history of trading cards...Staubach style
Those are pretty cool man!
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!

RE: Brief history of trading cards...Staubach style
Those are awesome! Heck yeah I want to see the rest!

I love seeing creative collections from folks that go the extra mile to design something that is "one of a kind"

Thanks for sharing.
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

RE: Brief history of trading cards...Staubach style UPDATED!!
thanks for the positive words folks.......here's the 2nd and 3rd groupings

part II:

[Image: staubachhistory2rs_zps95dd3bdc.jpg]

part III:

[Image: staubachhistory3rs_zps2bd62bb2.jpg]

RE: Brief history of trading cards...Staubach style...UPDATED!!!
That '89 Fleer is a sharp looking card. The set design lends itself well to Cowboys cards.

Very nice card work.... only one point of criticism..... watch the proportion of the images.... constrain the verticle and horizontal dimensions when scaling and you wont end up with the Kung-fu movie look Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

part IV:

[Image: staubachhistory4rs_zps3d8fdb9b.jpg]

don't have enough Staubach's to fill another six pack but picked a few more halfway decent Cowboys players to round out another group

the font on the 1990 is not quite where I want it to be.....but getting closer

thanks for all the feedback....I know the photos are not always up to snuff....don't always have a photo that is the right size to use.....really just adding photos to make sure the template itself is what I need....plus, just always have a go to when working on name fonts too

a lot of these templates are pretty intricate with all sorts of movable (and removable for quick change to other teams) layers and color overlays....with the most flexible being the 1973 Topps Baseball style which I have added multiple silhouettes to so that it can be used for many different positions in football, baseball, basketball, soccer and hockey

RE: Brief history of trading cards...Staubach style...UPDATED! with Part IV!!!
the emmitt smith in PT iv is really nice looking, good job Smile

Heres a 74 baseball I did a while back !

[Image: 1974marino_zps6b2a35dc.jpg]

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

[Image: 2000toppsfootballstaubachrs_zpsfb55eed5.jpg]

2000 Topps....lots of tricky stuff here.....you can learn to appreciate the detail on some of these cards when you try to replicate them.....lots of small glowing parts all around on this one

think the only standard Topps football templates I don't have now are 1980 and 1981.......and those I can probably pull off in my sleep