`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What constitutes a true RC?

What constitutes a true RC?
I know for these superstar rookies, there are tons of cards being printed in their rookie season. Now what is a true RC? No relic, non numbered?
PI

RE: What constitutes a true RC?
I think it depends on the set. It's the card that appears first in the set, typically in the base set. The Jordy Nelson Triple Threads auto triple jersey I posted that I got a while back is considered a "RC" because it's the base parallel, and it's the first card of his in the set. None of the variations of it are considered RCs, though, as well as the ones where he's on cards with multiple other players.

Of course, that's how I've always understood it.

the base rookie parallel (not even considered a parallel, actually).
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

basically a true RC card is included in the base set. it can be autoed, numbered, etc. but it has to be part of the base set. a good example are the playoff contenders base autos, which are built into the set so they are considered RC cards even though some are au'd and some are not.

A prestige draft picks rights auto is not a RC because there are base cards that make up the prestige set that the autograph set mirrors, kinda like a parallel.

SP cards are kinda borderline as they are variations from the base card but are included in the base set anyways (by becket). I really have no idea about them Confused

The best way I can describe it is that it's the base card in the set. It's not a parallel/subset but can include an auto or relic and can be numbered. Every set is different.

(08-16-2013, 11:44 AM)joshdetloff Wrote: I know for these superstar rookies, there are tons of cards being printed in their rookie season. Now what is a true RC? No relic, non numbered?
Autos: 230/270=85.2% complete! Only 8 non 1/1's left!
Total: 614/643=95.5% only 29 non 1/1's to go 1/1's: 60/160=37.5%
[Image: tdwright13bennettbanner.jpg]

Like these guys have said:
The first card produced of a player or athlete that is a part of a nationally distributed, fully licensed sports card BASE set is called a rookie card. It sometimes gets confusing, and the best way to check is to look a card in question up in the Beckett directory.
*confussing*... It used to be that each set was allowed only 1 rookie. And for the most part that is still true. But take NBA 09/10 Prestige. I am sure they have 3 base Blake Griffin Rc's in that set.
2009-10 Prestige #151 Blake Griffin RC
2009-10 Prestige #155 Blake Griffin College RC
2009-10 Prestige #201 Blake Griffin RC
If your looking to trade away a card, its good to state if your card is a rookie. Or to state if its his rookie year card (RY). Also be careful if you are browsing the boards as not all collectors will state their card right. Some collectors think that any first year card can be called a "RC". So make sure you check before making a trade. That is, of course, if your looking for a "true rookie".
~cheerz~
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]