`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hey all!

Hey all!
Been gone for a while, has been a rough couple of months here. I found out what a staph infection was when I developed one in my left leg and spent three weeks in the hospital because of it. While I was gone, several of my memorabilia items and boxes of cards went missing. It is believed that a former employee of the complex I live in (and at one time the person who lived under me) may have been the crook who took my stuff. He was a total (censored) and I fought with him constantly over his annoying habits: banging on walls, loud music and other things. Well his visa to be here ran out and he had to leave, so it's our guess that he took some of my things as retaliation for sparring with him all this time. My apartment was never broken into or had any signs of being broken into. The problem is, this idiot is now in Honduras and I probably have a snowball's chance in hell of getting my things back, unless he is foolish enough to put some of them on the bay, which I don't think he has the intelligence to do. At best it looks like five 5,000 count boxes and three 3,000 count boxes as far as I could tell were gone, along with several memorabilia items, including a signed helmet by Johnny Unitas and a Ted Williams baseball bat. I have insurance on some stuff, and pictures of most of my high dollar items, but until i figure out what's gone, I can't even begin to deal with that end of the spectrum yet.

I'm trying to turn what has happened into a positive. I consider myself lucky in the fact that my leg is almost healed (and is still where God put it, LOL) and that I had the wherewithall to have my mail forwarded while i was gone, so I have new stuff in to post. I'm taking a week off next week between the lull of the Saints preseason to go through my collection to try and figure out what's gone. In the meantime, I have help from several areas, including the company that runs my complex as well as state and local authorities to explore my avenues to resolve what happened and hopefully get my items or whatever part I can returned.

Most of all, I just wanted to say that I missed all of you and this website. Things are just things. My faith in God, my family and friends are worth more than anything else. I have my health, spirit, and so much more cards (ahem) that I'm not exactly starting from scratch. I will begin posting again the new things I have acquired and will keep everyone updated as to my predicament proceeds. Thanks every one and God Bless, and sorry about the rant. Seems like forever since I've been here on the forum.
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

RE: Hey all!
(08-12-2013, 09:36 PM)duch2izback Wrote: Been gone for a while, has been a rough couple of months here. I found out what a staph infection was when I developed one in my left leg and spent three weeks in the hospital because of it. While I was gone, several of my memorabilia items and boxes of cards went missing. It is believed that a former employee of the complex I live in (and at one time the person who lived under me) may have been the crook who took my stuff. He was a total (censored) and I fought with him constantly over his annoying habits: banging on walls, loud music and other things. Well his visa to be here ran out and he had to leave, so it's our guess that he took some of my things as retaliation for sparring with him all this time. My apartment was never broken into or had any signs of being broken into. The problem is, this idiot is now in Honduras and I probably have a snowball's chance in hell of getting my things back, unless he is foolish enough to put some of them on the bay, which I don't think he has the intelligence to do. At best it looks like five 5,000 count boxes and three 3,000 count boxes as far as I could tell were gone, along with several memorabilia items, including a signed helmet by Johnny Unitas and a Ted Williams baseball bat. I have insurance on some stuff, and pictures of most of my high dollar items, but until i figure out what's gone, I can't even begin to deal with that end of the spectrum yet.

I'm trying to turn what has happened into a positive. I consider myself lucky in the fact that my leg is almost healed (and is still where God put it, LOL) and that I had the wherewithall to have my mail forwarded while i was gone, so I have new stuff in to post. I'm taking a week off next week between the lull of the Saints preseason to go through my collection to try and figure out what's gone. In the meantime, I have help from several areas, including the company that runs my complex as well as state and local authorities to explore my avenues to resolve what happened and hopefully get my items or whatever part I can returned.

Most of all, I just wanted to say that I missed all of you and this website. Things are just things. My faith in God, my family and friends are worth more than anything else. I have my health, spirit, and so much more cards (ahem) that I'm not exactly starting from scratch. I will begin posting again the new things I have acquired and will keep everyone updated as to my predicament proceeds. Thanks every one and God Bless, and sorry about the rant. Seems like forever since I've been here on the forum.
welcome back man, i hope everything turns out alright with your situation, def sucks. but aslong as you got family and your health you will always be alright.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

Hey Duch, so sorry to hear about your health and your cards. But mostly glad you're still alive and kickin'!!! Smile

Please send me your addy, I have a few things for you that need to ship before I move again!!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(08-12-2013, 11:48 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: and kickin'!!! Smile
I see what you did here Wink lol

Glad you're ok Duch and hopefully they can get your stuff back. Good thing you had insurance on it!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Dang Duch Im sorry to hear about all your misfortune. I hope everything works out for you! Im glad to see you back and cant wait to see your new additions.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with your previous neighbor, but congrats on getting back to full health.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

Here's hoping that he only took the boxes with the commons and low value inserts, and that he left all your high value cards!

[quote='ricky williams 34' pid='2334055' dateline='1376369329']
Hey Duch, so sorry to hear about your health and your cards. But mostly glad you're still alive and kickin'!!! Smile

+1

Good to see you back on the site. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing some new additions sir.

[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

glad to see you back and glad your health is improving.. hopefully you can recoup some of the items that were taken..have you checked any of the local pawn shops?
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]