`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man, should have quit while I was WAY ahead!

Man, should have quit while I was WAY ahead!
So I bought four blasters of Allen & Ginter today.

Fourth pack, first blaster ... Puig RC!

That was the only guy I was really looking for, so I contemplated returning the other three unopened blasters for a refund.

But I didn't ... for one, I have gotten screwed on three re-sealed boxes over the years, and the reason that happens is that WalMart and Target obviously accept them back without knowing they're re-sealed ... so I just don't believe in being part of that "scene" or encouraging that behavior ...

Plus, of course, curiosity would have killed me if I took them back, and I probably would have ended up buying them again anyway, LOL.

But man, I wish I would have taken them back now ... literally the two best cards I got in the last three boxes combined were minis of Harper and Cespedes, and I really don't collect the minis.

Oh well, at least I pulled the Puig. If I wouldn't have pulled him, this would literally be one of my worst breaks ever.

I think I'm done with Ginter this year.

RE: Man, should have quit while I was WAY ahead!
Nice Pull! You should check the backs though to see if you have any SP's. I bought a blaster and two jumbo packs and pulled A&G bats back #25 of Jordan Zimmerman and a Jose Vargas NNO mini. In 10 packs out of a fresh box I got 2 relics but not 1 Puig!

I wonder if he is a SP? A lot of people have had trouble pulling him.

Update ... went back to Target to clear out the last two blasters of their original shipment (they seem to come in six-box lots, I guess), because I was assuming a hit or two had to be in there after getting skunked on the first four.

Well, I got the hit ... a Felix Hernandez jersey.

Other than that, the very best card (by far) was a Dylan Bundy RC.

So, had I known then what I know now (wouldn't we all?), I would've and should've just stuck with the first blaster after pulling the Puig RC.

Good news is, I also picked up two rack packs ... and pulled another Puig RC.

Overall, though, I believe I'm done with Ginter.

I am willing to trade or buy your non sport minis.

(08-09-2013, 09:14 PM)rob024420 Wrote: I am willing to trade or buy your non sport minis.
I will definitely keep that in mind after I round them all up. Thanks!