`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Appears The "Authentic Game Used Pieces by XXXX Player" are ALL used up.....

It Appears The "Authentic Game Used Pieces by XXXX Player" are ALL used up.....
I've been really looking hard at the backs of GU cards....

I've noticed a lot of stuff Pre-2009 the backs state....that the pieces embedded in the card was certified to have been used by that specific player on the card especially the Old Timers i.e. Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, etc...

The more current cards say "embedded in this premium card are pieces of authentic game used Memorabilia."

So if that's the case: You could be getting a Ted Williams game used card that had pieces used by Dustin Pedroia..... according to the legal wording on the card itself.....

Please chime in on this or am I totally wrong in this?
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

RE: It Appears The "Authentic Game Used Pieces by XXXX Player" are ALL used up.....
Good just be the bat boys pants and jersey
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

RE: It Appears The "Authentic Game Used Pieces by XXXX Player" are ALL used up.....
no, it would still be fraud. they had to get more general from a legal standpoint, which is why they have that language - not because they are trying to replace williams with pedroia

(08-08-2013, 08:11 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: no, it would still be fraud. they had to get more general from a legal standpoint, which is why they have that language - not because they are trying to replace williams with pedroia
But how do we know this for sure....where can this be referenced?

(08-08-2013, 08:11 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: no, it would still be fraud. they had to get more general from a legal standpoint, which is why they have that language - not because they are trying to replace williams with pedroia
+1. (btw nice new pic. in your sig. - hope Randy is perm. retired...seriously)

OP...this is why I totaly do not care for new relics (except the commerative ones...wierd) nor non-IP auto's. Some of the relic cards look awesome.....but a small slab of total white, gray, red or blue! Just not my thing without the "used by so&so in a game during x year".....thats what makes it "real" to me.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-08-2013, 08:33 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1. (btw nice new pic. in your sig. - hope Randy is perm. retired...seriously)

OP...this is why I totaly do not care for new relics (except the commerative ones...wierd) nor non-IP auto's. Some of the relic cards look awesome.....but a small slab of total white, gray, red or blue! Just not my thing without the "used by so&so in a game during x year".....thats what makes it "real" to me.
I agree which is also why I look on the back of a card to see if the card company has authenticated it as being used by the player on the card....some of them I see now days are very sketchy because of the wording....Especially with the older players when there is a bright white new looking jersey piece on it.....