`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Redemption Idea

Topps Redemption Idea
I just noticed that they are not too far from where I live. I wonder if they would let me pick mine up in person instead of having to wait and have them ship it out. Its only like an Hour and a half drive depending on traffic
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

RE: Topps Redemption Idea
The issue with this is you have no idea when they will actually have your redemption ready. So unless you call and annoy them every day, or request replacements, I don't see how it would work out any better.

Redemptions are annoying but I've had good luck up until now. I've got 1 from Panini outstanding since December 2012 and one from Topps since April 2013. Out of my roughly 15 redemptions the past couple years this is the longest I've had to wait so I can't complain when others have waited 2+ years.

I have an idea... Topps should start offering redemptions for their redemptions. I pulled a Saberhagen redemption card from Archives and it was the printed paper on a base type.

They should make all redemptions like this. Then you redeem these printed paper redemption cards for the regular blue redemption card. Then you use the blue redemption card to get the actual card. Then when the mailman delivers the card, he should make you do a somersault and fifty jumping jacks while saying the ABC's backwards or else he gives you the white printed paper redemption back and makes you repeat the process.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Why drive 90 minutes when they'll mail it to you free? Or not mail it to you at all. Either way, I was hoping for a brilliant solution to all the redemption problems.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

There is no solution. Until we stop buying packs/boxes en masse, literally cold turkey in protest, it will never stop.

There have been many, many people on here and other boards who have discussed class action lawsuits over the years, but nothing has ever come of it.

I'm guilty of it, too ... I hate redemptions as much or more than anyone else (lost out on an Iverson auto that was in a Topps blaster my grandparents gave me for Christmas a few years ago), but I still buy the products.

So they literally have no reason to care.

I must say, I've never had a problem with Panini ... 95 percent of the time they've delivered, and when they haven't they've made a good effort at quality replacements.

Well said, only way to stop it is stop buying, thats not gonna happen. They control the market. I have so many outstanding with Topps and 0 with Panini because they seem to do a great job with redemptions.

When I pull redemptions I sell them right away no matter who or what it is.

(08-07-2013, 01:13 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: There is no solution. Until we stop buying packs/boxes en masse, literally cold turkey in protest, it will never stop.

There have been many, many people on here and other boards who have discussed class action lawsuits over the years, but nothing has ever come of it.

I'm guilty of it, too ... I hate redemptions as much or more than anyone else (lost out on an Iverson auto that was in a Topps blaster my grandparents gave me for Christmas a few years ago), but I still buy the products.

So they literally have no reason to care.

I must say, I've never had a problem with Panini ... 95 percent of the time they've delivered, and when they haven't they've made a good effort at quality replacements.
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

Here's one example showing why Topps redemption program makes me mad. I sent a redemption for a Castellanos bowman sterling showcase auto(/25). This was around february. No card yet. But, how come Castellanos auto could be found in Bowman inception 2013, a product that appeared only a few weeks ago! And, the auto is on card, not sticker. So, what can be the logical explanation for this? If there's one, I would like an answer from Topps.

My father inlaw did some contracting work onsite. Pretty high security. Doubt they'd even let you on the property.