`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I bid over twice BV, and lost

I bid over twice BV, and lost
dont ya hate it? been waiting a week to drop a high bid on a card that i need for PC. 15 seconds to go i bid a rediculus amount and lost by 3 bucks! it was bitter/sweet cuz i was crushed that i lost it but glad cuz i didnt spend my whole budget on one card Smile
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

RE: I bid over twice BV, and lost
I've had that happen a few times. The thing that always makes me laugh is when I bid a certain amount (which is probably what it's worth buying it from eBay), someone comes in and bids WAY too much to get it, and when I do another search for that same card, I see another one with a BIN for the amount I put as my max bid. I've had that happen more times than I remember, and I never can figure out why someone would pay twice what they have to when they can go and do a BIN and not have to bid on it at all...

Yea i feel ur pain. Been outbid buy a few cents sometimes. And it really stings when u lose something you "need", but then feel pretty good cuz you didn't blow too much money on one card! lol
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Thats too bad, but it happens all the time. Feel good about the fact you bid what was comfortable for you. Just because the other person only won by $3 doesnt mean that was his max bid.
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

some cards I will knowingly rape my-self so to speak .... especially if it is one of my "set run" cards. and has a particularly cool patch Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

...and that is how it should be.

(08-08-2013, 02:07 PM)franklinx Wrote: Feel good about the fact you bid what was comfortable for you.

Someone wanted it more... It wasn't meant to be...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

You'll get it. Patience is a good thing.

My rainbow has been 3 years in the making with 1 card not ever appearing on eBay (except 4 years ago)....and my Holy Grail - lost mine by a 5% bid increase, when I was willing to spend 10% but missed the ending of the auction.

Eh - another WILL come around.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

thanks y'all for the words of sympathy and encouragement, I know I'll see it again. there was a graded one last month but i collect raw cards so I passed on it. and hey, the next one will be cheaper and be my players jsy# right?
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams