`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I be upset?

Should I be upset?
I got one of those "Autographed Scorecard" redemptions from Topps Archives. They came as a box topper in 1 of every 153 cases (or something like that).

I tried to figure out what it was. They didn't sell for a ton on eBay. So I redeemed it.

It came last week.

It was a lineup card from a game May 15th, 2012 between the Twins and Indians. I checked Baseball Reference. Nothing special about the game. Kinda cool. I had looked at picking one of these up a few times before.

But then I noticed that the spot for Manager's Signature was blank.

Should I be upset that the redemption said the item was autographed and it was not?

Thanks

RE: Should I be upset?
Yes, I would be upset. If the redemption was for an autographed scorecard and all you got was a scorecard without an auto, then I would contact Topps (good luck with that) and see if you can get a replacement.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I would be pissed. Topps really is digging themselves a hole. I read on another site that someone paid $175+ for a Topps Vault Redemption. It was one of the redemptions with sky high odds of pulling it. 1 in about every 5200 packs I believe. His redemption "prize"? A 1982 Topps sealed cello pack.

...............me too
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I sure am glad that I only buy BGS/BVG Graded Nolan Ryans and don't bust cases or packs!!

This way, I don't have to put up with redemptions!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-06-2013, 06:40 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I sure am glad that I only buy BGS/BVG Graded Nolan Ryans and don't bust cases or packs!!

You are probably one of the smarter people on here. Stay focused and keep collecting Nolan Ryans. Packs and boxes are for suckers IMO. I am one of those suckers. BTW you have one of if not the best banners on here. To this day Nolan whoopin Robin Ventura still comes up in conversation with my buddies.

(08-06-2013, 06:40 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I sure am glad that I only buy BGS/BVG Graded Nolan Ryans and don't bust cases or packs!!

Hey man, do you by any chance "only buy BGS/BVG Graded Nolan Ryans" ???

I had no idea.

I wish I had that discipline.

(08-06-2013, 07:11 PM)phillies816 Wrote: You are probably one of the smarter people on here. Stay focused and keep collecting Nolan Ryans. Packs and boxes are for suckers IMO. I am one of those suckers. BTW you have one of if not the best banners on here. To this day Nolan whoopin Robin Ventura still comes up in conversation with my buddies.
Thanks man on both comments!!
(08-06-2013, 07:27 PM)rob024420 Wrote: I wish I had that discipline.
It's not hard to do since he is the only player that I want to collect.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I would be really upset -they should follow through on their promise
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney