`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportkings Autos Legit?

RE: Sportkings Autos Legit?
(08-04-2013, 09:08 AM)djohn Wrote: SportKings has been done as 1 continuous set year over year. In fact when they release they don't label it with the year but with the Series # (or letter as it stands). In other words the 2007 Sport Kings is actually Sport Kings Series A, while the 2011 product is Series E. They continue the numbering set to set too, which can make it confusing. However they stick to different players in each series, so you won't get the same player in 2 different series (at least not on a single player card, as they may have the same player on multi-player cards). This is why they have kept essentially the same design each year (to make it 1 continuous cohesive set).
That makes since. I haven't bought any since the 09 product and none of my local shops have carried any since then. I always liked the product and if one is a set builder that is a nice way keep buyers coming back. Thanks for schooling me on the SportKings, Djohn, I may have to order a case online now.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

RE: Sportkings Autos Legit?
(08-04-2013, 05:25 PM)patrick54 Wrote: That makes since. I haven't bought any since the 09 product and none of my local shops have carried any since then. I always liked the product and if one is a set builder that is a nice way keep buyers coming back. Thanks for schooling me on the SportKings, Djohn, I may have to order a case online now.
I like the product too, and have a hard time passing up the base cards when they are cheap. I have a couple sets from different series, and hope to eventually get the entire run. The look great and I love that they don't reissue the same players each year, but keep it interesting by putting in new players each series. I will say that I think they are starting to hit a wall with their last 2 series. They changed from being a couple hundred dollars a box to being under $100. I will be curious to see how much longer they continue making the set, as I think they only have a couple more years worth of top players (assuming they can get them to sign contracts). I just hope they don't start putting in current players, and if they do then I hope they don't continue numbering the set at that point as it would dilute the set somewhat.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/