`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
First PC card you ever bought/pulled....lets see em!

First PC card you ever bought/pulled....lets see em!
Just curious to see! Everyone has these incredible collections and I thought it would be neat to see what card actually started your collections! I'll go first lol
[Image: 2013-08-02020135_zpsd84068f5.jpg]

Snagged this Holmes off the bay for $2 DLVD, he's always been my favorite Chief and once I got it, I got hooked! Lol

Your turn!!!
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

RE: First PC card you ever bought/pulled....lets see em!
unfortunately I have no way of telling... I know what started it all... 1979 and 1980 topps baseball packs from the corner store.... I remember being like 7 or 8 and figured out I can get gum in there to! .... and cards my unlces gave me... collected alot until around 99' and just bought a few packs here and there just for fun...... only got heavily back into it over the last 4-5 years

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

This isn't "PC" but I guess technically it is because ill never trade it. I started collecting back in 2009 when my then GF could get boxes at discount because she worked at wally world. I really loved the looks of the 2009 topps mayo(I did the whole set) and she used to bring me packs amongst packs home nightly. I then pulled my 1st ever auto outve these mayo boxes and never looked back.. I thought it was the coolest thing ever lol. so here it is!

[Image: collie.jpg]
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

I really started with 1987-1988 Topps baseball cards..and Basketball cards...have a lot of older Jordans..thats where it began..when I joined the Navy..after bootcamp I got stationed in Italy..and between Bar tabs..I would spend on mini-helmets with COA's and etopps.. and have them sent to my mom and pop's house in Missouri..then I got stationed in hawaii and focused on Pro Bowl practices/signings/Hawaii Hilton Village..and got tons of in person autos there..
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

A little hard for me to say but I'll go with this one:

[Image: img641-1.jpg]

It was about 1988 when I started collecting, and you could still get unopened wax boxes of 80s football for dirt cheap (especially relative to today's pricing). I think I paid $25 for a 36-pack box of 1981 Topps. Joe Montana was the best QB in football and his RC was all of $5. Anyway I got most of the set out of the box and was able to finish it off at the LCS where I later worked during high school. Was living in the same 550-count box that I put the set in when I busted the box until I decided to see if it was grade-worthy last year. Turns out it was, LOL! My favorite part about that set is that it still smells like gum... I really ought to see if some of the other cards like the Monk RC and the Dan Hampton RC are grade-worthy too...

As far as the Favre PC I wouldn't have collected him until he came to the Packers in 1992. I probably already had a number of his RCs just because I bought stuff in 1991 but if I had to pick a card that inspired me to get them all I'd have to go with this one:

[Image: 1992PinnacleTeam2000_zps78461c48.jpg]

[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Well, I was on a 5 or 6 year hiatus from the hobby until I started up again for the 2012 season for RGIII(of course, haha). So, to start off my season, I stopped by my LCS back in November and bought my 1st box of 2012 Topps Chrome Football. 3 packs in I pulled this pretty thing Big Grin...

[Image: image_zps8ce15584.jpg]

And the rest is history, so to speak.

This - not football. Pulled the card, took a deep breath and had a tear in my eye. Shook my head "yes" - best card ever. Didn't know he was in the set and after I saw it, I was thrilled not to pull something more "valuable". I was a big fan of his and remember when he left this Earth. I watched the news while it was happening. Pulled it from a SP preview pack out of a rack pack of UD golf.

My pic from sportscardalbum :
[Image: v7u4tkwj.jpg]
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Back in 08' when i was collecting Matt Forte, I bought 2 Packs/Boxes of 08' Ultimate Collection and hit these! I was really surprised because my luck at hitting anything really sucked! lol
[Image: IMG-5.jpg] [Image: IMG_0001-4.jpg]
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

After watching him score 2 TD's against the Bucs in his first game. My mom took a friend and I to Wal-Mart and let me pick out a few packs. I had high hopes of landing a Moss RC after watching that performance. I decided to go with UD Choice, and wouldn't you know it, I pulled a Moss out of the 1st pack. I knew from that moment on that I was destined to collect him. So I collected him, until my college years. It wasn't until about a year ago I decided to pick up where I left off. School, and kids will do that I guess. Oh and in the other pack was a Manning RC. haha it was a good day.

[Image: 1st_zps0f1c6c78.jpg]

(08-05-2013, 12:13 PM)pudge27t Wrote: [Image: IMG-5.jpg]
That's a great card! I think some Bears fans just wet themselves... Tongue
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)