`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question about A&G framed grading

Question about A&G framed grading
Just had a quick question as I have a few PC framed A&G autos that I've thought about getting graded...

When they grade, are they grading the mini-card that is framed? Or the frame itself?
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Question about A&G framed grading
(08-01-2013, 01:04 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Just had a quick question as I have a few PC framed A&G autos that I've thought about getting graded...

When they grade, are they grading the mini-card that is framed? Or the frame itself?
They told me they graded both. The main thing to make sure of is the surface. What I do is I place the card I will get graded into a mag tight holder and leave the top of it off. I will hold it in the light with the card in it at various angle (not letting the card fall out) and look the surface over. The glossy, plastic like cover over the mini-framed autos is really bad about getting fingerprints on it. So when I see them or something that I can wipe clean I have a soft tissue and I lightly use my breath on the area and then wipe the fingerprints clean. It works as the surface comes out much better this way, and I have had good results with doing this. Just remember that there almost always will be lines on the surface and things that are uncorrectable, but I do believe BGS takes this into consideration when grading since they were basically produced that way.

Right on... Thanks for the feedback
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

(08-01-2013, 01:04 PM)petillo64 Wrote: When they grade, are they grading the mini-card that is framed? Or the frame itself?
I was wondering about this too. I've seen a few with terrible grades (usually centering I think) and couldn't figure out where the problem was.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

All of my framed cards have come back with 8's or worse :/
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(08-02-2013, 08:28 AM)cross4444 Wrote: All of my framed cards have come back with 8's or worse :/
No wonder if they are grading based on both of those factors. I bought these right when I returned to collecting and really didn't pay much attention to the interior card figuring it was well protected. After the purchase I got them and realized the interior card on 2 of them were pretty off-center. Way more off-center than any of the 100's of other regular minis I had. They're all PC anyway, but still sucks

I really wouldn't bother grading them. It won't give any value boost, and the cost of grading could be put into less-expensive methods for encapsulation.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]