`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At What Trade Value Should I Ask For This?

At What Trade Value Should I Ask For This?
I've been thinking about putting this one up FT, but not sure what Trade Value to ask for. The Joey Votto Purple Ice had recently sold on eBay for $70.00. What are your thoughts on the Andrew McCutchen's?

Any honest input will greatly be appreciated.

Regards,
Jharen

Scan of the Card:
[Image: 52DB1347-CA9C-437B-9059-3663F7AAD14B-198...CBF6B3.jpg]
[Image: DDF99573-4ED3-44D3-94FE-F27469B170E4-198...6138-1.jpg]

RE: At What Trade Value Should I Ask For This?
With the exception of a couple hot rookies, sales of star cards have been in the mid-30's. However, a quick search on the Bay revealed that the White Ice 1/1 just sold last week for $50 after it was sold a few weeks earlier for $100. The last Purple Ice sold was in June for about $15. Good luck!
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

(07-30-2013, 06:18 AM)jdberia Wrote: With the exception of a couple hot rookies, sales of star cards have been in the mid-30's. However, a quick search on the Bay revealed that the White Ice 1/1 just sold last week for $50 after it was sold a few weeks earlier for $100. The last Purple Ice sold was in June for about $15. Good luck!
This is an excellent demonstration of why Beckett doesn't price items with such low print runs. You should put whatever trade value on it that you would require to get rid of it. If someone doesn't like that value, trade it to someone else.

That's my $.02.

start at 120.00
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I'd say 60-70 in trade value is pretty reasonable.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

No idea, but that card is beautiful!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I would ask for around $35-$40

If you find something you really like then I would trade. If you end up with something pc or something that you value more I would do a trade. As far as monetary value for that card 15-25 but I would double it to 30-50 if no cash since I consider cash X2 in a trade since most places sell cards much lower (most of the time 1/2 off BV).

It's always a supply and demand scenario .... But it's also a McCutchen collector thing. There are only 10 of those and about a million McCutchen collectors. Smile I'd put it up on auction and let the free market dictate it's true value.
Honestly, I wouldn't pay more than $30-40 but a true McCutchen completist might go triple that, just to have one of only 10. Good luck!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-30-2013, 09:57 PM)jayohhessaych Wrote: I would ask for around $35-$40
+1 35-40 trade value is more than fair IMO. Good luck with whatever you decide. It's an awesome card
(07-30-2013, 09:31 AM)elberson Wrote: start at 120.00
I wouldn't give that card a second look at $120 even if it were a Cole Hamels /10.