`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: after long last...

OT: after long last...
My Mantique Store finally has a logo! The online store will be up in the next couple weeks and I'm going to Detroit next month to look at some retail space in the historic districts! Opinions gents?
[Image: logo4_zps497b420d.jpg]
[Image: logo2_zpsf3928b08.jpg]
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: OT: after long last...
I'd say get a license to carry if you're looking in Detroit Sad
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(07-28-2013, 05:40 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I'd say get a license to carry if you're looking in Detroit Sad
nah, Detroits fine if you use common sense. Go down there every weekend. Faced more crime in the UK for 3 weeks than I ever have in Detroit

As someone who designs logos and stuff for a living I think you're on the right track with those, but if you're putting those up as signs at a retail location you might want to make some changes.

The second is better, but "American" kind of gets lost in my opinion and is a bit hard to read. If these are just for an online store then I say go with either one, but for a storefront sign you have to think about people passing by. If they look at either one of those while driving by all they are going to see is "Mantiques". It may be what you want them to read since it's the important part of the name, but the word American is pretty big nowadays when everything is from China/Taiwan/etc. Just the word American alone might bring in customers to see what you have that's from America.

Just my two cents
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(07-28-2013, 10:25 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: As someone who designs logos and stuff for a living I think you're on the right track with those, but if you're putting those up as signs at a retail location you might want to make some changes.

The second is better, but "American" kind of gets lost in my opinion and is a bit hard to read. If these are just for an online store then I say go with either one, but for a storefront sign you have to think about people passing by. If they look at either one of those while driving by all they are going to see is "Mantiques". It may be what you want them to read since it's the important part of the name, but the word American is pretty big nowadays when everything is from China/Taiwan/etc. Just the word American alone might bring in customers to see what you have that's from America.

Just my two cents
Oh no these are just my online banners lol ya no these would be terrible for street signs no disagreement there lol we need to talk, i still need a sign design....beckett discount? Tongue lol

(07-28-2013, 10:38 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Oh no these are just my online banners lol ya no these would be terrible for street signs no disagreement there lol we need to talk, i still need a sign design....beckett discount? Tongue lol
I'm not saying you need to worry about yourself being down there, You need to worry about leaving your collectibles. You may go down to detroit every weekend to the tourist areas and that's fine, But you need to severely protect your retail space. I worked EMS in detroit and i know people who still work fire/ems down there. I also have a few cop friends and you only hear about 20% of what it's really like down there. It truly is a wild west.

But. On a good side note, When you get some space up and running, Let me know. I'll come visit. I can't promise i'll buy anything because
1) I'm not a detroit fan. Although. I like the tigers and lions so maybe.
2) I'm cheap and i have no where to display anything

But i go down to detroit every once in a while and i always love going into those collectable stores.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(07-30-2013, 11:38 AM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: I'm not saying you need to worry about yourself being down there, You need to worry about leaving your collectibles. You may go down to detroit every weekend to the tourist areas and that's fine, But you need to severely protect your retail space. I worked EMS in detroit and i know people who still work fire/ems down there. I also have a few cop friends and you only hear about 20% of what it's really like down there. It truly is a wild west.

But. On a good side note, When you get some space up and running, Let me know. I'll come visit. I can't promise i'll buy anything because
1) I'm not a detroit fan. Although. I like the tigers and lions so maybe.
2) I'm cheap and i have no where to display anything

But i go down to detroit every once in a while and i always love going into those collectable stores.
Thats what i have insurance for xP lol well you wont have a problem nding somethinbhg, not everything i do is sports

I think that the logos are very cool! The first one is my favorite of the two. Hopefully it all goes well for you, Justin!

Randi

(07-31-2013, 01:40 PM)rayeates Wrote: I think that the logos are very cool! The first one is my favorite of the two. Hopefully it all goes well for you, Justin!

Randi
gracias Randi! Can't wait to get you some stuff for that mancave! Tongue

I go to Detroit too, but either I'm with a lot of people, or it's for a day game. There is a reason why that city is on the news daily for murders, robberies, and the like. As Optimus said, it's a nightmare down there and we don't even hear about most of the stuff.

I'd look elsewhere, but that's just me. If you think someone isn't going to try and break in, you're wrong. It will happen. Again there is a reason why businesses won't come here...

That being said...good luck! Seems cool and if you let me know your location I'll come by....during the day....with a gun... Smile
[Image: h6wRomT.png]