`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misprints and badly cut cards

Misprints and badly cut cards
Do misprints and off cut Baseball cards have any value? I've come across the few in my 1970 Topps collection.

Jay Parker

RE: Misprints and badly cut cards
generally speaking---no

if they have very unusual misprints, for certain players - there COULD be a little interest in it- but more for the random player collector that just likes having every card including oddball mistake cards of their player(s)

there are some rare instances where really sought after big name players with very unusual misprints pop up that can command a premium but generally speaking--no they are less desirable to most.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(03-26-2013, 12:05 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: generally speaking---no

if they have very unusual misprints, for certain players - there COULD be a little interest in it- but more for the random player collector that just likes having every card including oddball mistake cards of their player(s)

there are some rare instances where really sought after big name players with very unusual misprints pop up that can command a premium but generally speaking--no they are less desirable to most.
Thanks Jonny. I appreciate you getting back so quickly.

(03-26-2013, 11:47 AM)jay45601 Wrote: Do misprints and off cut Baseball cards have any value? I've come across the few in my 1970 Topps collection.

Jay Parker
Miss cut cards have no value, Miss print can be classified in three ways.
First the production error, a color out of register, a gold stamping mis-registered or missing etc. - No value.
Secondly and error card that has not been corrected - no additional value.
Third a error card that has a corrected version, value varies depends on player, rarity, severity of error, and the number of cards printed. For instance many print runs were sent to two different printers, One printers plates had an error while the other one was correct making the average around 50/50. Others like the Billy Ripken was discovered during the press run and several attempts was attempted to cover up the mistake, making some of the attempts potentially rare and valuable.

Ray

I have a '92 Fleer All-Stars card with Cal Ripken, Jr's pic on front and info on back. However, the gold printing on the front is up too high and it says Roger Clemens name. Could this card have any possible value? Not sure where to even start or if it's worth the effort. Thanks!

I pulled a trout card that double stamped its kinda cool to have in my collection but it prob only holds extra value for me
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

(07-25-2013, 04:40 PM)waterman57 Wrote: I have a '92 Fleer All-Stars card with Cal Ripken, Jr's pic on front and info on back. However, the gold printing on the front is up too high and it says Roger Clemens name. Could this card have any possible value? Not sure where to even start or if it's worth the effort. Thanks!
no, it is a flawed card.