`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of my failed attempts at a Rainbow

One of my failed attempts at a Rainbow
I mentioned that I didn't have the patience for the whole rainbow collection ... I don't and I get frustrated with it after some failed attempts.

Here's one of my incomplete attempts ...
[Image: null_zps803925b3.jpg]

2012 Topps Finest Jumbo Drew Pomeranz gold /50
2012 Topps Finest Jumbo Drew Pomeranz orange /99
2012 Topps Finest Jumbo Drew Pomeranz green /199
2012 Topps Finest Jumbo Drew Pomeranz s fractor /299

Missing atomic /5, red /25 and superfractor 1/1.. Either I never found them or they were much too expensive at the time. It says I'm missing the base auto/jumbo, but that should have been the least difficult and cheapest of the bunch ... Thought i had one. Oh well Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: One of my failed attempts at a Rainbow
That's a good start! Just take your time and keep checking the normal places. They will eventually show up. I know a guy that is super collecting 2012 Finest, I can ask him if he has any of the ones you need. So far he has the complete Base, refractor, xfractor, and green set. He is one card from completing the Gold set and more than half the way done with the red set. It's sickening.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(07-04-2013, 08:23 AM)Haze28 Wrote: That's a good start! Just take your time and keep checking the normal places. They will eventually show up. I know a guy that is super collecting 2012 Finest, I can ask him if he has any of the ones you need. So far he has the complete Base, refractor, xfractor, and green set. He is one card from completing the Gold set and more than half the way done with the red set. It's sickening.
gg

i'm sure many of us have failed rainbows, but thats ok. i have 1 complete rainbow and i got it without even going for it intentionally lol. i traded for the #/5 just cause i wanted it then i saw the 1/1 on the bay and figured i'd try a BO and ended up getting it! the rest was easy after that.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

I'm still looking for the 2012 Topps Chrome David Price Superfractor, it was pulled in a case break on Blowout the week the product was released but nobody knows who has it now. Drives me crazy but oh well.

(07-04-2013, 08:46 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I'm still looking for the 2012 Topps Chrome David Price Superfractor, it was pulled in a case break on Blowout the week the product was released but nobody knows who has it now. Drives me crazy but oh well.
At least you know it exists and isn't in some unopened pack, lost to collectors for years to come. Hope you can find it ... If I ever do, I'll let you know.
(07-04-2013, 08:23 AM)Haze28 Wrote: That's a good start! Just take your time and keep checking the normal places. They will eventually show up. I know a guy that is super collecting 2012 Finest, I can ask him if he has any of the ones you need. So far he has the complete Base, refractor, xfractor, and green set. He is one card from completing the Gold set and more than half the way done with the red set. It's sickening.
Thanks! It would be ironic if I was able to help the supercollector and my gold Pomeranz was his missing card Smile Being a 2012 Finest supercollector seems a heckuva lot more frustrating (and expensive) than putting a rainbow together Smile
(07-04-2013, 08:39 AM)phreakyq Wrote: gg

i'm sure many of us have failed rainbows, but thats ok. i have 1 complete rainbow and i got it without even going for it intentionally lol. i traded for the #/5 just cause i wanted it then i saw the 1/1 on the bay and figured i'd try a BO and ended up getting it! the rest was easy after that.
Sorta backed into that Rainbow, eh?
It would be less frustrating to get the 1/1 out of the way first.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-04-2013, 09:30 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: At least you know it exists and isn't in some unopened pack, lost to collectors for years to come. Hope you can find it ... If I ever do, I'll let you know.

Thanks! It would be ironic if I was able to help the supercollector and my gold Pomeranz was his missing card Smile Being a 2012 Finest supercollector seems a heckuva lot more frustrating (and expensive) than putting a rainbow together Smile
Thanks, I hope I get my hands on the super eventually.

This guy I know is probably the craziest set builder I have ever met. Whenever he goes to the local shows he has about 20-30 lists in his hand. He has finished some ultra rare sets and he never slows down. He's retiring in 2 weeks so I'm sure he's going to get even more into it after that lol.

Still a very nice attempt
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

two superfractors away from a jonny venters bowman draft/chrome first year and RC rainbow. also have 5 of the 8 printing plates for one of them

to my knowledge neither super have ever went up for sale / surfaced.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Yeah its frustrating at times, I have like 3 that I only need the /5 and 1/1 for.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/