`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
bad LUCK is turning me against Panini

bad LUCK is turning me against Panini
pulled a 2012 panini national treasures andrew luck patch auto #/99 two months ago. put it up for sale on the bay, got $1,400 for it. was sent to the buyer, who then told me it was damaged and dented. had the buyer send it back to me and then issued a refund. the damage was a bend (no crease) in the top patch area...not very visible when looking at the card head on, but definitely visible when inspecting the card at the right angle. and for that much money, i would also expect to get a nice card with no defect to it.

so i sent it back to panini in hopes that they could replace it. i mean, at $600/pack, you would think that you would get a nice card, and be able to have it replaced if there were any defects in it. followed all of the steps panini told me to take when shipping the card...

no luck...

here's their response:
"Panini America is able to replace factory damaged cards on a card-for-card basis, while supplies last, and as long as a library card exists. Any ineligible card(s) that Panini America is unable to replace, for any reason, will be returned back to the customer. Your card has minor damaged therefore it will be return to you. Thank you and have a great day."

so, knowing that there is damage to the card, when i try to sell it (can't afford to keep this anymore), i'll have to indicate the damage...i'm estimating it to be around a $250 or so decrease in the value i'll be able to get...

i've busted at least 10 packs of this stuff (got the empty boxes to prove it)...and though i've pulled some pretty good cards, there is not a single other card that i pulled that would even get me close to making back the $600/pack price tag. so to pull a luck rookie, well, that was going to make me go back for more...BUT, i guess in the end, MY LUCK SUCKED.

thanks Panini for making my high end experience that much worse...this has left a bad taste in my mouth and i'm about ready to give up on busting any more Panini product.

RE: bad LUCK is turning me against Panini
$600 a pack. That is just too much. Not worth it
Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby

man thats a bummer but honestly, there arent many cards out there these days that dont have some sort of damage on them. collectors need to realize that. thats why cards graded gem mint are special. and im not saying this for your point of view but rather your potential buyer. you shouldnt have to point out every single defect because the majority of them are defected. however i dont know how severe this particular card really is.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Sounds about right for panini unfortunately. That sucks man hope you can still get a decent price for it!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

PM me with a pic, I might be interested in it!

[Image: vBmHxKD.png]