`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOT TOPIC: Pricing on cards #'d/25 or less

RE: HOT TOPIC: Pricing on cards #'d/25 or less
We do try to price cards numbered as low as 25. It is hard, though, when only a few copies of a card are sold and we don't have enough information to price the card accurately. We do offer a card appraisal service as well for any card that you can't find a price for. We even appraise 1/1 cards.

Serial numbering has gotten ridiculous. I mean, it's cool to pull a card numbered /5 or less, but honestly the next set that comes out is going to have the same card, with the same players and the same jerseys numbered to /500. Heck most likely it will be in that set and they will just call it gold silver and bronze. I would like to see a different picture, and an honestly awesome swatch on something numbered that low.

If you're giving away two white swatches of players and numbering it to 500, then if someone pulls the /5 version, don't you think it should have two sweet swatches?
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(06-23-2013, 08:56 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: Serial numbering has gotten ridiculous. I mean, it's cool to pull a card numbered /5 or less, but honestly the next set that comes out is going to have the same card, with the same players and the same jerseys numbered to /500. Heck most likely it will be in that set and they will just call it gold silver and bronze. I would like to see a different picture, and an honestly awesome swatch on something numbered that low.

If you're giving away two white swatches of players and numbering it to 500, then if someone pulls the /5 version, don't you think it should have two sweet swatches?
Agreed.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Beckett has long been rumored to not just "report" the market, but "set" the market. When you're the sole entity in charge of assigning value to a trade item, rumors of collusion and corruption are going to run rampant.

They can appraise a /25 or less card, but what good is that outside of insurance purposes? A card is always worth what someone will pay for it. Want to find out what your card is worth? Put it on Ebay at $.99 and check back 7 days later.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(06-24-2013, 12:52 AM)cross4444 Wrote: A card is always worth what someone will pay for it. Want to find out what your card is worth? Put it on Ebay at $.99 and check back 7 days later.
Also not an accurate idea of what a card is "worth".

(06-22-2013, 07:13 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Its seems cards numbered this low aren't that rare anymore.
Just because companies are making more types of cards numbered to 25 doesn't make them any more or less rare.... there are still only 25 of them.

If there is a version to 50 that is priced, use your judgement. The main problem is that people are looking for Beckett to tell them what the card is worth. That is not the point of the OPG. It is a price GUIDE. It is an opinion that comes from data mining of prices cards have sold for. That's all. The OPG can give you an idea of what similar cards have sold for, if there are not enough versions of the /25 cards that have sold, I don't want the OPG to guess at it. The OPG is good for a "quick and dirty" value assessment, but the weight it is given in how much I will spend on a card is almost none.

That is the difference between the OPG and Beckett's appraisal service. Personally, I happen to think the appraisal service is a joke for any other purpose than insurance values, but that's just my opinion.

Bottom line is that you are wanting the OPG to be an appraisal service for card versions that don't have enough data to be reported in the OPG and that will never be practical, because of the sheer number of those cards and the time it would take to give an appraisal value on them, let alone the maintenance of those values.

(06-24-2013, 11:22 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Also not an accurate idea of what a card is "worth".
+1. Ebay value =/ market value.