`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you make a mistake like this Panini.....

How do you make a mistake like this Panini.....
The new Private signing cards are pretty nice I think, and I have been after the Bill Waltons..... I managed to win the Walton in a Boston uniform #ed /3
[Image: BbrEzQ2kKGrHqZioEzNpy2WYBMoheTS2_3_zpsa0e871e2.jpg]

I really like this card, and there is also a version of him playing for the Blazers and it is #ed /25.... I haven't picked one of these up yet because the prices had been kind of high, today one popped up and I was gonna make an offer on it when I noticed something kind of strange, does anyone else notice?

[Image: KGrHqJlFFyf5vyM4BRlYZ4rg6w60_3_zpsa8a6f991.jpg]

Well the auto is not Bill Walton.... So I looked at other Waltons and they were all the same

[Image: KGrHqJi4FD-MYzPVOBRMeIMsnQ60_12_zps267f5e1d.jpg]

So I looked around on ebay and found these

[Image: KGrHqIOKpkFF4GI6yLBRmZW9Ejq60_3_zpsaf8bd9fb.jpg]

[Image: KGrHqJlwFFy5pmCo9BRlEV551qw60_571_zpsd349757a.jpg]

It appears that they made all 25 with the wrong auto..... as a Bill Walton collector it kind of pisses me off.... Do I buy one Walton and one Wennington..... way to go Panini!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

RE: How do you make a mistake like this Panini.....
Wow. That needs to end up on a failblog somewhere that's pretty sad. At first I noticed the wrong number, then was trying to figure out why a letter went so far below the line, then it all became clear.

That's at best poor attention to detail and at worst it's downright inexcusable.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I've seen a lot of Panini screw-ups with sticker autos - wrong person, sticker upside down, crooked, and not centered. If it's part of a big production line then I guess one have to be prepared for some errors, but if it's cards like a Bill Walton auto, a company should be extra careful. Somewhere in the back of my head I remember Upper Deck screwing up a lot of stuff with less cards per pack than promised, Hot Packs weren't that hot, and cards were damaged from production.
To answer your question...I'd go for the Bill Walton card. I'd rather have a MJ card that said Adam Morrison, than an Adam Morrison saying MJ. If you ever find a Bill Wennington cheap - buy it and put it next to each other.
PC - Jeff Taylor #44 Charlotte Bobcats - 42/110 = 38%

Also looking for Jim Jackson autograph cards.

I agree Buck poor attention to detail... and what get's me is that it's from a set called Private Signings..... I could understand maybe messing up one or two... but every one I have seen is this way. Would this qualify to have it noted in the beckett listing as an error card?

Definitly and epic fail on these. Saw these on another site and knew you'd be upset about how bad they biffed these up.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

you should buy them all as a mini project. Then have them replaced by panini.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Eh, Walton, Wennington, what's the difference?

(I'm kidding.)

I don't know, a lot of people are selling them high... I won the Celtics one in auction for like $33, the Portland ones have like $50 BINs I wouldn't pay that much for a Walton #ed /25 if it did have the right signature with a few exceptions.

(06-18-2013, 07:15 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: you should buy them all as a mini project. Then have them replaced by panini.

can you contact panini and point that out to them? i know it's probably too late to change it but maybe they'd want to know
[Image: VSiDkeU.png]

Looks like a pretty well known error now, as a bunch of listings on eBay are noting the error. Just imagine if they actually got 1 right, how much that one would sell for. By the way right now there is a Walton (w/ Wennington auto) on eBay with $29.99 BIN and Best Offer option.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/