IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Parker Flair RC...help!

Tony Parker Flair RC...help!
Greetings all....

Need some help with this one....

2001-02 Flair #105 Tony Parker RC /1500....but it is auto'd, not hard-signed, but has a sticker auto on it. The normal card is not auto'd...any idea what this is? Some kind of buy-back insert type thing or what?

[Image: FlairParkerAU_zps6e917f8f.jpg]
Go Avs Go!

RE: Tony Parker Flair RC...help!
I think it was supposed to be a buyback but then when Fleer folded some of these started surfacing. I think its legit just part of the Fleer bankruptcy.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Is there a hologram of any kind on the sticker, or is it a completely clear sticker? I believe the Fleer stickers had the Fleer logo on them. Also, the sticker itself looks a little bit big compared to most of the stickers Fleer used. I would definitely be a bit leery of the card's authenticity (since clear stickers are easily available and can be used to copy a signature via tracing over a legit auto). There were a lot of cards put into various hands after the Fleer bankruptcy sale. Unfortunately some people use that bankruptcy sale as a catch-all for any odd Fleer products and use that as their "source" when selling fakes.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

It is rather large and kinda clear. Not completely clear but no Fleer logos either. No "congrats" speech on the back, nothing.
Go Avs Go!

I never heard of anyone running up to a player and get a piece of plastic signed, even though I can definitely see all the pluses with it; don't need to carry cards, you can put it on what ever card you want etc.

But, this also increases the chances of faking everything. You can practice on 5,000 sheets of sticky plastic until you get it right and then when the 5,001st signature looks good, you just put that on a RC, or similar.

Judging from the previous people views, I'd approach everything about this card with caution.
PC - Jeff Taylor #44 Charlotte Bobcats - 42/110 = 38%

Also looking for Jim Jackson autograph cards.

(06-17-2013, 02:18 PM)johanolsson Wrote: You can practice on 5,000 sheets of sticky plastic until you get it right and then when the 5,001st signature looks good, you just put that on a RC, or similar.
My point exactly, especially when you consider you could actually trace over a real autograph and get it right much quicker than that.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

The auto being Tony Parker looks right. However, someone might have gotten Tony Parker to sign a bunch of stickers and slap them on his rookie cards to up the value.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg