Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any truth to this Cavs rumour?
Question 
Any truth to this Cavs rumour?
I heard a rumour of the Cavs trading their #1 pick to the Raptors for DeMar DeRozan. DeRozan would fit with their up-tempo offence, but I don't see this happening.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

RE: Any truth to this Cavs rumour?
Nope, I highly doubt they would do anything to hamper their cap flexibility (not sure if he signed an extension yet though) going forward into the 2014 off-season.

Yes, DeRozan signed an extension, but it isn't big money.

It's not like the Cavs are going to be using their cap space by attracting a big name like Andre Iguodala.

(06-06-2013, 02:10 PM)rstolicn Wrote: Nope, I highly doubt they would do anything to hamper their cap flexibility (not sure if he signed an extension yet though) going forward into the 2014 off-season.

No.. but they can via trade, I like DeRozan as a fit as well just don't see it happening.

Would be a horrible decision if they did that. The guy cant shoot. Waiters is already better than he is. Take the big guy and keep your fingers crossed that lebron comes back to irving/waiters/thompson/varajao (sp)/noel, would be a ridiculous lineup, even if they had to lose one or two of those guys to free up enough room
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!

It's more likely the world ends tomorrow.

(06-07-2013, 11:16 PM)nathan craig Wrote: Would be a horrible decision if they did that. The guy cant shoot. Waiters is already better than he is. Take the big guy and keep your fingers crossed that lebron comes back to irving/waiters/thompson/varajao (sp)/noel, would be a ridiculous lineup, even if they had to lose one or two of those guys to free up enough room

I agree I just don't see this ever happening. Derozan isn't worth a #1 pick in any draft, unless a lot more was added to the trade. You have more players at the top of this draft who have a larger upside than Derozan. I would rather see the Cavs trade the pick for future draft picks than for them to make a trade like this.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I heard they might trade the #1 pick for DeMarcus Cousins, but nothing about DeMar DeRozan.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Cousins would be a much better person to get. I agree lbj probably wouldnt go back, but playing with irving would have to be enticing for him. Irving is a helluva lot better at this point in his career than anyone on miamis roster but james
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!