`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you guys ever wondered about high grade Jordan RC's because of this....???

Have you guys ever wondered about high grade Jordan RC's because of this....???
Ok so we all know obviously that lots of people try and "bump" their graded cards obviously.....

Well it got me wondering about the population report on high grade Fleer Jordan RC's! Basically anything BGS 9-10 or PSA 9-10... The BGS 9 pop report last I checked has it at 700+ which doesn't seem right to me!

Those cards are almost 30 years old and if you combine the BGS 9 & 9.5 pop reports there are basically 1,000+ of them.... You guys think it's possible that this number is VERY wrong because of the resubmitting? I mean who's to say there aren't only 200-300 BGS 9's and the others have since been bumped or crossed over to something different? Or even cracked to be raw now?

I just don't buy that there could possibly be THAT many mint Jordan rookies?

Am I crazy lol? Anybody else ever think about this?

RE: Have you guys ever wondered about high grade Jordan RC's because of this....???
The thing that I have a hard time believing is all of the BGS 9.5 and PSA 10's that keep surfacing. I do not remember exactly when it happened but didnt someone buy a MJ rookie that was either a BGS 9.5 or a PSA 10 for 100 k? Now they surface all the time?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Have you guys ever wondered about high grade Jordan RC's because of this....???
Yea something just doesn't seem right to me? I wonder if REALLY good counterfeits are making it through grading?? Makes me wonder sometimes!

I thought someone posted that they had noticed like a 75% bump in the population in the last few months for the entire 1986 Fleer set. Most people are having a hard time believing these cards just sat perfectly preserved in someone's home for 30 years and they are all perfectly centered, nice surface and edges, etc. I don't remember who posted it but it was here on Beckett within the past few weeks.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist (i.e. I don't believe them most the time) but I do enjoy posturing them lol

Yeah well think about it fellas..... The 1986 sets were pretty much worthless cards that NOBODY wanted!!! So the fact that there are "all of the sudden" THOUSANDS of mint-pristine cards that are almost 30 years old just reeks of something fishy 2 me!

Especially on the Jordan... I grew up as a kid in the 90's (pre-internet) where even SEEING a Jordan rookie in person was almost impossible! They simply weren't found at LCS's!!!!! Especially mint specimens! Just finding a rough MJ Fleer RC was an accomplishment.... Yet now all of the sudden there are THOUSANDS of mint-gem ones at any given minute?????????? I ain't buying it!

For those young collectors on here, there was a time (1996-2000) that RAW Jordan rookies is NM-MT condition went for 1500!!!!!!! Think about that!

Sorry for the noob question, but what do you mean by "bump" a graded card?
Always looking for Russell Wilson RC Autos, Andrew Luck RC Autos, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Michael Jordan

I believe he was talking about taking, as an example, an 8.5 overall and resubmitting it in hopes you get a kinder grader that day who gives you a 9 overall, or sending it to a different grading company to accomplish a similar increase in overall grade.

I see. That's my frustration with grading. It's all so subjective and lacks so much consistency.
Always looking for Russell Wilson RC Autos, Andrew Luck RC Autos, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Michael Jordan

Yes right I'm talking about sending in ALREADY graded cards to get bumped up higher or cracking graded cards to send them in again.... That would completely ruin pop reports!

Yes, I agree. The pop reports are all screwed up..
You wouldn't be able to know exactly how far off Jordan rookie cards are, but with numbered cards...you would be able to get a clearer indication.
For instance the Lebron Gold Refractor Topps chrome rc card, there were only 50 produced but if you add the number of graded psa with the number of graded bgs ones, you get a total of 61 or 62. That's also assuming every single one was graded which is not the case because I've seen raw ones going around.