`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the hobby, not sure about the boxes I just broke

New to the hobby, not sure about the boxes I just broke
I know these are stupid questions, but I could really use some help.

I'm going through two boxes of 2012 prizm baseball cards I bought today, and all the green parallels are showing as n/a in the price guide. I looked those up online, and read that those are retail parallels. The weird thing is that I bought them from my local card shop, I didn't think they would sell retail boxes.

Along with that, here's another REALLY dumb question. This is my first box of prizm cards. How can you tell the difference between the regular card and a prizm card. Also, the box says "two autographs in every box, and I didn't get any in two boxes, does that just mean two autos on average and I just got unlucky, or do I need to complain to someone? Both boxes were sealed and still in shrink wrap.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

RE: New to the hobby, not sure about the boxes I just broke
Look down at the bottom right of the back of the cards and they will say prizm in bold if they are prizm cards.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

How many cards per pack? Retail has four, Hobby has more. Retail won't have any "Prizm" cards.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Hobby boxes should all have 2 autos per box. It sounds like you somehow managed to buy retail boxes at a hobby shop?

(06-01-2013, 10:09 AM)cross4444 Wrote: How many cards per pack? Retail has four, Hobby has more. Retail won't have any "Prizm" cards.
Retail does have Prizm cards. I believe the Green Prizm is a retail exclusive. Price might be n/a because it might take longer to gather pricing data a retail exclusive set.

you can buy retail boxes at a hobby shop. they just dont normally order retail boxes there. my LCS ordered some Heritage retail boxes because after the first order of hobby, they sold out of them and the distributor only had retail boxes.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector