`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1993 Finest Vladimir Guerrero Refractor

RE: 1993 Finest Vladimir Guerrero Refractor
I am surprised this doesn't come up more often for the Derek Jeter card from the set, since he indeed was a rookie in 1993 (and therefor could theoretically have a 1993 Finest card).
[Image: 9f26e462-c9ab-4667-81a0-cc0228875891.jpg]
Then again maybe there are a bunch of people being duped into buying the Jeter thinking it is a rookie and not realizing it is a made up card. This is one reason I wish card companies would do a better job of distinguishing reprints and retro inspired cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 1993 Finest Vladimir Guerrero Refractor
I agree - I wouldnt have bought the card if I knew it was 2001. I only paid $7 but still... these are bad for the hobby in general - very bad idea
5 seconds but I am a skeptic. I had a feeling it was one of these reprints or remakes. I have a 1985 Fleer Kirby Puckett reprint that I always mistake for the real card. I had the original but have no idea what happened to it.

(05-31-2013, 03:00 PM)jstbuch Wrote: LOL... Be honest, how many seconds did you think you had a one of a kind on your hand for? Heart start racing a bit? Been there.