`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
your favorite pc item

RE: your favorite pc item
(05-30-2013, 06:37 AM)phillies816 Wrote: This is mine. Been watching this guy awhile. I think he's gonna be pretty good.
[Image: aplinauto001_zps34f218a3.jpg]
Awesome. Just awesome.
Kepler

Some amazing items out there with some great stories. Keep it going!
Stupid people do stupid things
Smart people outsmart each other.

(05-30-2013, 06:37 AM)phillies816 Wrote: This is mine. Been watching this guy awhile. I think he's gonna be pretty good.
LOL
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

So Aplin's latest 2013 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor auto sold for fairly cheap on the bay (last completed was ~$130 shipped)...not dissing anyone's PC, because people pick obscure/lesser known/prospect players to collect all the time (I have a few PC items of Rockies guys who probably never will see AAA), but I am thinking if his red refractor can be had for under $150, if he does make it big as some people believe, you could make a killing off investing in this dude right now!!!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

I don't have a picture to post, but my would be a Brett Favre RC signed (I sent him it in the mail, it could be a stamp or not, but I don't care it is awesome to me) and an OLB signed by numerous Braves Alum that sign at the Braves stadium on Sundays (the only big name is Dale Murphy).
If you start your day saying how it is going to be awesome, it is more than likely going to be disappointing, but if you are Awesome than it is hard not to have an Awesome day.

photo b926f9cd-f728-482e-ae67-12628f48cd79_zpsa21c3edc.jpg

photo HOFpack-1.jpg

Football:

photo 456c5092-69be-43c4-a78d-19fcfb428475_zpsd0424679.jpg

photo Recentcards104.jpg

Got this for $25.00 in a silent bid auction.

4x6 Photo photo MickeyMantleAuto.jpg
Photobucket

(05-30-2013, 01:44 AM)buckles2335 Wrote: I have a hard time choosing!
[Image: image_zpsdaba2fcd.jpg]
Nice balls! Hate to say it but the DiMaggio looks to be fake, a very poor fake at that...not trying to hate on your collection, just trying to help

Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

(05-31-2013, 03:37 PM)jimfalbo21 Wrote: Nice balls! Hate to say it but the DiMaggio looks to be fake, a very poor fake at that...not trying to hate on your collection, just trying to help
I have to agree, the DiMaggio isn't really even close to the one I had him sign. But the Willie Mays next to it is one of his cleaner sigs I've ever seen.

Here are 2 of my favs of my PC !
[Image: 88A648CA-D008-420E-8D64-6F9E9196AD71-191...2710fd.jpg]
(05-31-2013, 11:01 AM)zaccheus85 Wrote: ..not dissing anyone's PC, because people pick obscure/lesser known/prospect players to collect all the time (I have a few PC items of Rockies guys who probably never will see AAA)
I hope you didn't think I was disrespecting the asplin card ... I'd be the last to disrespect anyone's collection choices ... I collect Vada Pinson cards ... I won't cast any stones Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

This is my favorite item by a long shot. I got it on May 21st, 1993. There's a much longer & more interesting story behind it but to make it short and sweet, I got a foul ball during batting practice and I got Dale Murphy to sign it before the game. Dale Murphy had already been my favorite player for 5 years so the autograph was special to me for that reason. But another thing that makes it even more special - unbeknownst to me and everyone else in attendance, it was during that game that Dale Murphy would have his last professional at bat and he retired a few days afterwards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sorry for no pic, but mine's a 2011 Allen and Ginter George Bush Autograph! Pulled it out of a box I got on my birthday. Talk about a birthday present!