Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Help Fake Patch?
Exclamation 
Help Fake Patch?
I got this card some time ago, maybe off of the bay, I'm not sure anymore. I have just gotten my head above water enough to start going thru my stacks of cards. I was entering this into the database and wanted to see if I could maybe grade it. Then I noticed some weird little slashes on the top left of the N and bottom right, almost the same for the F, and the same for the L. I really have nothing to base it on, but it looks awful now that I am seeing it...

here's the card:
[Image: LMJ13.jpg]
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

RE: Help Fake Patch?
in my opinion it looks real

I'd say it's real probably just got damaged in shipping. When they put the mailers in the sorting machines if there aren't dummies around the card more times than not the patch windows take damage
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

But the little slits are SO strange looking and almost invisible. Looks like a razor cut in the spots I mentioned.

Maybe cut but I would still bet it's just damage from shipping. Could be damage from when they die cut the card too
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Go here Kel. : )

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1521118.html
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Thanks Rick, learn something new everyday! But, it doesn't account for the damage to the face of the card. Lumpy could be right about the manufacturing of it. It sure wouldn't/couldn't be graded.

I doubt that anyone would take the time to fake a patch and only put in one 2 color patch in it. Its real IMO
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

(05-28-2013, 07:45 AM)s1020 Wrote: I doubt that anyone would take the time to fake a patch and only put in one 2 color patch in it. Its real IMO
thats what i was thinking as well...not worth the time to do this