`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My "Display Cases" I built with my Dad, Scans!

My "Display Cases" I built with my Dad, Scans!
Hey guys, decided its finally time to share my new way I display my cards. The original plan was to have glass on them too, but that was too expensive- and this way I can interchange and move cards a lot easier.

They all have 6 levels, with two rows on each. they hold between 84 cards (if all vertically displayed) or 60 (if all are displayed vertically).

I built these with my dad, so they are very special to me. Hope you guys like them from the pictures taken with my phone.

corner view of three of the "cases"
[Image: null_zpsff8d9db8.jpg]

The only one that's actually on the wall with my limited wall space ha:
it contains some Braves stuff, 1995 WS Braves Auto project (bottom level,) and my UNC Baseball PC (top level).
[Image: null_zps4f096cd5.jpg]

bottom left "case". Has Craig Kimbrel bobblehead on top (got it from Beginesj in a trade, shoutout to him!) and 2 Jordan bobbleheads, one from his baseball days and one from the Bulls.

In the case is in order (as they appear in the record books) where my 500 HR and 3000 Hit Club Projects will go.
[Image: null_zpsce3fa43b.jpg]

The middle "case" is where my Kendall Marshall Supercollection resides for now. As you can tell I'm running out of room ha. Also, even though I think I cut it off in the picture, the baseball is signed "Mike Jordan" from when he played baseball Smile
[Image: null_zps3af1a8ad.jpg]

The "case" on the right holds the only set I've ever tried to do, 2010-11 UD North Carolina Autos (I have all the base, subsets, and inserts in a binder.) It doesn't quite hold them all, as some are on top- and I'm still missing the Lawson Sad... the Jordan is in the middle of the fourth level proudly though Smile
[Image: null_zps3ab5f7e4.jpg]

and the 5th "case" that only has the mini set I'm looking to complete (fabulous faces of flocculence, including Abraham Lincoln! need the conscientious objector) and the only rainbow I've ever tried to complete of 2010 Topps Chrome Brian Wilson (need atomic, blue, and gold refractors). I'm sure more will go in here when I get the sunlight blocked off in my room!
[Image: null_zps531956ef.jpg]

I hope you guys enjoyed me sharing a special part of my collection, I hope when I move to my new house I will need many more of these that my dad and I will build together to fill with my future collection pieces!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

RE: My "Display Cases" I built with my Dad, Scans!
They Look great!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Man those are awesome! They look amazing with the cards in them!
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

(05-26-2013, 06:13 PM)beginesj Wrote: They Look great!!
thanks man I appreciate it! did you get my PM about the National? Either way, PM me.
(05-26-2013, 06:18 PM)Socrkd55 Wrote: Man those are awesome! They look amazing with the cards in them!

thanks man,I appreciate it! They look even better when you walk in my room and see they cover nearly an entire wall- and in my opinion, the pictures do them no justice!

Man, those are excellent! Since my kid and I collect together, I know how cool it is to share something like that with the old man (in our case, that's me!). Thanks for sharing!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(05-26-2013, 06:31 PM)aprirr Wrote: Man, those are excellent! Since my kid and I collect together, I know how cool it is to share something like that with the old man (in our case, that's me!). Thanks for sharing!
Ha thanks for the kind words man. My dad doesn't collect, but he enjoys building things- so it was a compromise. He does like sports too, but he typically only recognizes older players, or anyone that has something to do with UNC when I show him new stuff I get.

Those are really cool.
Photobucket

(05-26-2013, 06:42 PM)askowron Wrote: Those are really cool.
Thank you!

Freaking awesome
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

(05-26-2013, 08:00 PM)Blury1 Wrote: Freaking awesome
Ha thanks man, I think they are freaking awesome too!