`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New support product possibilities

New support product possibilities
Hey all... I haven't been around in years, but I'm still passionate about collecting BGS football cards.

One thing that sorely disappoints me is the lack of support product for storing and displaying. And after all these years, I'm still stacking these things into shoe-boxes because there's not much out there.

I know a bunch of you feel the same way. And I don't blame BGS, I'm happy with the job they do. And frankly, I haven't seen any accessible displays for any of the slab makers.

So, for the geeks around here, read up on 3d printing. Basically, we can create our own products. And you don't need to buy these printers, the designs can be uploaded to a service and delivered to your door. And a quality design can be marketed with commission sales. And think about it, all the slabs are the same measurable size.

So what would I print?
How about a 2, 3, or x slot display for a parallel set? With custom printing, a name or team could be added to the bottom.
Sectional sliders that could attach side by side and grow. Hang them on a wall or whatever.
Protective covers, like the ipod covers they create. Mostly to cover the sides, they could be printed in any color.
Custom boxing inserts, like the old cassette case carriers.

Again, all these products could be printed with different colors, themes, and etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also not looking to cheese my collection. But my boxes don't cut it either.

I wish I could spend more time on this myself, but I have too many fingers in other ventures at the moment.

What would you print?

RE: New support product possibilities
BGS has/had storage boxes...
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(05-19-2013, 01:45 PM)y2hood Wrote: BGS has/had storage boxes...
I bought plastic containers from The Container Store. Sadly, I think that they are now discontinued.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I did this:

[Image: 2013-02-28192749_zpse55979df.jpg]
[Image: 2013-02-28195329_zps33f2bcdb.jpg]
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

My spidey senses spy I a Drew Brees in there.

I'll trade you crawfish...
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

LOL Sorry bud its part of my Magic set lol
Manning PC

I'm actually going to try to make a nice maple or oak box for my cards. Ill have to upload pics when I am done.
[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile

(05-19-2013, 01:45 PM)y2hood Wrote: BGS has/had storage boxes...
Which suck. *cough*
Good god the effort I put in to acquire the 3 that I do have, haha.

To be fair, they are doing the trick on my shelf. But they really aren't much more than a flimsy blue shoebox.

BCW does make a graded card box. Like a shoe box but only 1 row, thicker and taller to hold graded cards in. I had 1 until my 2nd submission made it not enough lol
Manning PC

It's just a shame that there's a high value in many of these graded cards, and no great way to show them off. I have a bunch of bcw graded boxes for the bulk stuff and they're great for putting them away and forgetting about them.

But I'd like to see something like this...
[Image: polysoup_preview_featured.jpg]
in the color of our choosing for some of my keepers. It would protect the slab from chips and help identify.

And something like this...
[Image: %24(KGrHqR,!jgE95PIkZT)BPowK0f5Dw~~60_35.J...880000500F]
to display parallel sets together in graded form.

And what I really want is something like this...
[Image: Dansco_Album.png]
I'm a casual coin collector and I love these albums. They feel like museum books, and the binders have inserts for storage. Of course BGS slabs are huge, but 2x3 on a page, 5 pages thick, could be a sweet book of 30 cards for a player or theme.