`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need an opinion on this card *SCAN*

RE: Need an opinion on this card *SCAN*
(05-08-2013, 02:45 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Its the kind of item if someone brought it into my store to sell to me I would just slide it back across the counter and say im not interested. If it is real its very sloppy. I don't think PSA or JSA would authenticate it.
Yea it is very sloppy and it didn't look nearly as sloppy in the pics he sent me of it. I'm not trying to get rid of it I would just like to know if it's real or not for my own good because I PC him.
Collecting: Ray Rice, Denard Robinson, Denarius Moore, Rich Gannon, Reggie Bush, and Johnny Manziel

[Image: mikef26banner.jpg]

Not sure. Comparing it to the other card scan in the thread, what can be seen is similar, but it looks like the marker was drying up and that's why there's so much that can't be seen.

It's similar. If you care enough send it in.

I've got a suspect Tony Gwynn auto that I got for a gift years ago - I'd rather just believe its authentic then knw it's real or fake.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(05-06-2013, 09:27 PM)p4ckattack Wrote: only thing I can think of is maybe he held the card in his hand when he signed it as opposed to laying it on a table or something. this could account for a less clean auto. Either way the marker is real light and it could be hard to tell without having someone authenticate it or at least have look at it in person.
No. Even if it was signed because he was holding it, it should still be a better auto.
there was a member here once, where he posted a vid where he met Reggie in public and asked him to sign a card for him. He did and it looked real nice and clean.
Plus the curve in is "R" is actually a curve rather than a quick "2" formation. And the end stream lingers and finishes downward whereas reggie's ends with a quick swipe forward.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

I think you would be throwing away good money after bad. Getting it authenticated would cost what - at least $20 + shipping? Probably not worth it on that card unless it was signed in front of you (ie - you already know it is authentic and maybe it has special value to you), which it wasn't. Plus professional authentication doesn't really help you unless you plan to sell it. Anyway it looks like you can get a few packed-out certified Bush autos for less than it would cost to have this questionable one authenticated, so frankly why bother? You don't get your money back if they don't authenticate it, so it's not worth the risk in this case. Just my $0.02.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

thanks everyone for the opinions! This is one of the reasons why I love this forum
Collecting: Ray Rice, Denard Robinson, Denarius Moore, Rich Gannon, Reggie Bush, and Johnny Manziel

looks to me like there are way way to many breaks in the signing of his name taken...way to many for someone signing there own name....and his signature like swjrp10 said is generally very rounded and smooth looking... but im def not an expert on signatures...just my opinon

-Rick

yeah.. he was either signing it in light speed or someone made a pour attempt at faking it.. id still buy it for 10$ though lol
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(05-10-2013, 06:42 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: yeah.. he was either signing it in light speed or someone made a pour attempt at faking it.. id still buy it for 10$ though lol
yea I figured for $10 it was no big deal haha