`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 greatest hits! (What's yours?)

Top 5 greatest hits! (What's yours?)
Top 5 greatest hits or pulls .... Here are some guidelines!
1) it had to be pulled, by you, from a factory sealed pack of cards (retail or hobby)
2) it had to have been done this century Smile
3) it still has to be in your possession ... If it was traded or sold? .... Doesn't count!
4) redemption cards don't count, unless the actual redeemed card was shipped and in hand! ( and meets with the above 3 criteria )
5) scan or photo preferred, but that's not an issue if you can't

Here are mine ... First, the one that started me buying cards again!
I got this from a random Topps Heritage pack at Target
[Image: 8FD58CBA-F197-4536-B96F-BEBF2D501A75-130...dd56f6.jpg]

I opened a pack of Archives to discover this .....
[Image: 515BDF56-2FC4-4D05-B615-7CC6D2933D2B-130...43068f.jpg]

The next two cards are from my most recent rips ... 2013 GQ and 2012 SP Signature
[Image: 3A63A00E-9C43-48FB-89EC-99ED4DBA3ACA-130...91159a.jpg]
[Image: 6A8DED3F-561B-4E5E-B623-D4FDFE313C38-130...860569.jpg]

The last of my greatest hits was from my first hobby box I bought. From 2011 Topps series 1 ...
[Image: AD2252D0-ED61-478A-9035-7A2614C2C873-130...4ca481.jpg]

I think those are my greatest hits. What are yours?

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Top 5 greatest hits! (What's yours?)
Wow, sweet Ryan. For trade? If so, I would totally go well in your favor.....Smile
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Here are my top hits:

2003-04 Finest /999 LeBron James RC
2010 Topps Chrome Rookie AU Refractor /499 Stephen Strasburg
2012 Topps Heritage Minors Real One AU Black /10 Dylan Bundy
2011 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor AU /5 Archie Bradley Jr.
2006 SPx Rookie AU/Jsy Gold /99 Reggie Bush (At the time it was a great hit, still up there but prob shoulda took the LCS owners offer though lol...)

(05-10-2013, 03:32 AM)elberson Wrote: Wow, sweet Ryan. For trade? If so, I would totally go well in your favor.....Smile
Thank!
If I ever think about trading Nolan, I'll give you a chance at it!
(05-10-2013, 04:18 AM)shaunbaus Wrote: Here are my top hits:

2003-04 Finest /999 LeBron James RC
2010 Topps Chrome Rookie AU Refractor /499 Stephen Strasburg
2012 Topps Heritage Minors Real One AU Black /10 Dylan Bundy
2011 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor AU /5 Archie Bradley Jr.
2006 SPx Rookie AU/Jsy Gold /99 Reggie Bush (At the time it was a great hit, still up there but prob shoulda took the LCS owners offer though lol...)
Great cards! Would love to see scans when/if you get a chance!
You're right about the Reggie Bush card. Still a good card, just not quite as good as it was .... But at the time, you must have been very excited when you opened that pack!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yea, opened it in his shop and I wanna say he offered me like $300 towards anything in his shop. Was like no way dude I'm keeping this card! Even felt low-balled, was like only $300 for this card? No way lol... Not a USC fan but he completely mesmerized me with his skills back then and had definitely jumped on the bandwagon... If only everything woulda transferred over into the NFL...

Now if only I could hit Harpers like I hit Strasburgs...

That cain is sick, looks great!!! IVe never pulled anything even close to any of those, I usually buy blasters at target or walmart.. However, i bought a rack pack at walgreens once and pulled this lol
Considering it was walgreens I was happy with it lol
[Image: carlospentildea_zpsd20ddac1.jpg]

Ohh and I think I pulled this the same day from a rack pack at walmart

[Image: andrewbailey_zps48202e08.jpg]

And a few years ago I pulled these from the same blaster, the scratches are all from my old scanner
[Image: Lind-Young.jpg]

[Image: LouBrockJersey.jpg]

[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-10-2013, 09:09 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: Aw man, how am I supposed to compete with the bar set so high from the start?
Lol, very nice cards and congrats on pulling them yourself.

Here are my top 5 pulls, sorry if two of them don't fit your criteria.
*2005 Topps Jorge Posada - The first card I ever pulled in the first pack that I ever bought. Throw in the fact that it's my first Yankee and to me it's priceless.
*2010 Tristar Gary Sanchez Auto /80 - The first time I ever pulled an auto of a top Yankees prospect. The fact that it's serial numbered makes up for how horribly cut the sticker is.
*2011 Topps Roger Maris Diamond Giveaway Die-Cut - Back in 2011 I redeemed a few codes on the Diamond Giveaway site and unlocked this.
*2012 Sega Card Gen David Robertson- One of the first Yankees I ever got via the Sega Card Gen arcade game, and probably the only that I've still got (most of my other CGs are LCS pick-ups).
*2012 Topps Joe DiMaggio - It's Joltin' Joe and it's an SP. Need I say more?
Those are great pulls! Love the DiMaggio .. Never saw it before.. cool!
Sanchez is a pretty sweet card,if he lives up to his potential, that will be an amazing pull!
The Maris card is borderline acceptable ... Not pulled directly, but also, not a redemption, either. I know how hard it was to pull something nice from that online contest ..., awesome card. Still looking for a Mantle DDC, myself.
Never saw, or understood anything about the SEGA cards. You had to win them?

(05-10-2013, 09:24 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: That cain is sick, looks great!!! IVe never pulled anything even close to any of those, I usually buy blasters at target or walmart.. However, i bought a rack pack at walgreens once and pulled this lol
Considering it was walgreens I was happy with it lol
Ohh and I think I pulled this the same day from a rack pack at walmart
And a few years ago I pulled these from the same blaster, the scratches are all from my old scanner
All respecable cards, but pulling two relics from Walgreens?!?! Wow, those are great pulls considering the huge odds against you!
Lou Brock relic chrome ... Really nice, and pulling a co-signed card, very cool.

My Brooks Robinson was pulled from a Heritage single pack and my Reggie printing plate was from a blaster bought at Target. All the others were Hobby box hits. The Cain Patch was one of my first from a hobby box!
I forgot another great pull ... Heritage High Number card signed by Pettitte. Gotta find it, post it and bump a card from my top 5 for it ... Don't know which, yet!

Pulled this last year out of Topps series 1. It was a redemption that I got back in 3 weeks. #ed 1/50
[Image: photobucket-4510-1331596606496.jpg]

(05-10-2013, 05:47 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: Yea, opened it in his shop and I wanna say he offered me like $300 towards anything in his shop. Was like no way dude I'm keeping this card! Even felt low-balled, was like only $300 for this card? No way lol... Not a USC fan but he completely mesmerized me with his skills back then and had definitely jumped on the bandwagon... If only everything woulda transferred over into the NFL...

Now if only I could hit Harpers like I hit Strasburgs...
Wow, I'd have picked out a few hobby boxes for that! But hindsight being 20/20 I can understand you feeling it was more valuable at the time.
Personally, I've been hitting Harpers better than Strasburgs, but either way, just hitting commons for the most part. Never hit an auto of either.

Since i got back into collecting in 2010 these are some of the best pulls i've got

2011 Bowman platinum prospects harper auto
2012 Bowman chrome orange refractor oscar taveras auto
2011 SP Legendary cuts Eddie Mathews auto

[Image: DSC07737_zps6d6bd95f.jpg][/URL]
[Image: DSC07736_zps8ea58ccb.jpg][/URL]
[Image: DSC07715_zpsa7a1641a.jpg][/URL]