Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centering question

Centering question
Good Day,

Hoping that I am posting this in the right place. I also searched forums first and could not find an answer relevant to my situation.

I am new to collecting, and having caught the bug I dug through my old shoeboxes and found to my delight that a few dozen baseball cards survived from my childhood - including a Topps Thurman Munson rookie card.

Problem is, the centering top to bottom is off so much that the "1970 Rookie Stars" printing at the top is slightly cut off :-(

My question is, is this even worth sending for grading? Everything else appears beautiful - corners, surface, etc.

I could scan if it would be helpful, but my description pretty much describes what you will see.

Thank you,

Scott

RE: Centering question
Looking at the BV in the price guide, I'd at the very least get it slabbed and authenticated.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

What are you hoping to get out of having it graded? Are you hoping for a high grade to sell or do you want to protect your "collectable" in a good case? It really depends on what you want, if it's to sell, then I would read different posts and see what is required for a specific grade to give you and idea if it's worth it. If just to protect then it's a good idea.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

This would be for selling the card. I just couldn't seem to find any solid opinions on how badly a mis-cut affects grade.

Thx,

Scott

Thanks for the advice. I also own the '71 card, but it's got a crease and rough corners. Both cards survived from my childhood collection (most alas are gone, including near complete 71, 72 and 75 sets). Of course I used to "flip" these cards with other kids, etc, and it shows :-(