`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have a completed player collection?

RE: Does anyone have a completed player collection?
ya for me my main player is ortiz and I will never be able to collect all of his cards just way to many 1/1 My personal goal for his is I want 1 of every card numbered to 3 or higher. If I can get some 1/1 as well great but that is not the main focus. If I could get 1 of every 3 or higher card id be very happy. So far I have around 500 and I think he has like 5 or 6 k so still a while to go lol.
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

Since I collect Chipper Jones I know there is NO WAY I can ever collect every one of his cards, so I do not hunt down the 1/1s or printing plates. There are still many more that will be very difficult to come across, but this will at least make it a little easier. I currently have just over 8% of all his cards excluding 1/1s and plates. I've got a long way to go, but I'm not able to chase the cards as aggressively as I would like right now.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

You can certainly have all the base cards of a player, all the cards of a player less 1/1s, etc...even so, what about unlicensed cards not listed in Beckett?

I have over 1100 different Fred McGriff cards, but there is no possible way I see myself "completing" a collection of McGriff.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

Once I figured out that I wasn't going to be able to get every Greg Maddux card, I've been selective on the 1/1 and printing plates that I pick up, depending on the deal I can get on them. There are still plenty of others to go after.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

I have all but one of Jeff DeWillis's cards, including one signed TTM.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(05-01-2013, 03:38 PM)zeprock Wrote: I have all but one of Jeff DeWillis's cards, including one signed TTM.
How many does he have? Two J/K.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I used to player collect only Cal Ripken so its impossible to get all his cards even with unlimited resources...... Since last year I expanded a little to some players in my org but its also impossible to have all their cards!!! Then I went after a 80, 90s player which is much more accesible but like someone said, you have to wait for people to actually sell their lower end stuff so i can get close to completing, its Andres Galarraga (dont ask me why I began collecting him cause im still not sure lol) but In a year Ive hauled 247 different cards out of like 2247 or so that are in the opg. Not sure if i will ever get close to that number but im willing to try!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-01-2013, 04:52 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I used to player collect only Cal Ripken so its impossible to get all his cards even with unlimited resources......
I'd have to DISAGREE with this statement. IF you have unlimited resources, you could easily get ALL Cal's cards.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(05-01-2013, 05:24 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I'd have to DISAGREE with this statement. IF you have unlimited resources, you could easily get ALL Cal's cards.
Youd have to have luck to see every card for sale on ebay or any other site, maybe some cards have never even been pulled out of packs or something or maybe they are pulled by a 10 year old who puts his recently pulled 1 of 1 card in his bicycle spokes. Its impossible to have each of over 12 rgousand cards or so of ripken!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

we are rarely able to add anything new to the venters collection, granted he doesn't have a lot of cards.

we are slowly but surely building up our Greg Maddux collection - no hope to even come close to owning them all in this lifetime though. sticking to nice and low numbered 90s cards of his though.

stats on venters:
Overall Collection (107/154 70% Complete)
base/parallels (83/83 100%)
1/1's (24/71 34%)

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors