`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tribute to the Queen

RE: Tribute to the Queen
Thanks for sharing and congrats on the GQ. That Lawrie is nice and like the looks of Jackson's sig! Really like the Tribute but a little to rich for my taste.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

and boom goes the dynamite. ahah great breaks

(04-18-2013, 05:54 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Nice Nolan. If you're interested I've got Norris and Holmes autos I can throw your way for it. Of course, you'll have to throw something else in to even things up ... those guys are hard to find.
LOL
Yeah, those Norris and Holmes cards are about as rare as hen's teeth Smile I couldn't sleep at night knowing how unfair that trade would be to you, so I'd respectively decline that generous offer Smile
In retrospect, I should have never traded that Holmes to you in the first place. What was I thinking, Jared?!??!
(04-18-2013, 08:02 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Thanks for sharing and congrats on the GQ. That Lawrie is nice and like the looks of Jackson's sig! Really like the Tribute but a little to rich for my taste.
What's really funny is that yesterday, I lost 3 eBay auctions in a row for a Brett Jackson auto, because I thought his sig was nice, too. So not too unhappy that i lost and I'm not sitting on several of the same cards tonight Smile
All things considered, Tribute is a little too rich for me, too ... But every so often, I need to teach myself a 'Gambling never pays" lesson. Smile That more than awesome GQ break ruined that lesson, didn't it?
(04-18-2013, 05:54 PM)GermanVerman Wrote: freakin sweet deal on that GQ box. Grats buddy
Thanks GV!
(04-18-2013, 07:00 PM)rentzington Wrote: nice box! i ended up getting 2 more gq boxes from dacardword deal of the day a few days ago.....both dissapointments
Sorry to hear about the GQ letdown!
Our tribute boxes were about the same, though ... Not bad, but not great!
(04-18-2013, 06:13 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Nice Breaks! Love the Nolan Ryan that is absolutely sweet! The Lawrie is not bad and the Wills and Mays is pretty cool. Did you get any nice parallels? The Gypsy queen has been great this year..
Agreed! I actually like everything I got, just figured, if I were to shop eBay for those exact same cards, I would have saved $100+
I forgot about the parallel cards. Got 2 ... A Musial /99 and a McCutchen /50
I really like the base cards .., kinda wish they'd throw a few more of those in with the box. Got Whitey Ford and Mattingly base .... Not having any Mantle cards in any of the products is depressing! A mantle card always brightened up a mediocre box, IMO!
(04-18-2013, 08:53 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: and boom goes the dynamite. ahah great breaks
(04-18-2013, 06:33 PM)aprirr Wrote: Great Ryan and Mays. Congrats, man!
(04-18-2013, 06:30 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: sweeeet ryan!
(04-18-2013, 06:04 PM)decriscio619 Wrote: Congrats man. Beautiful Card!!!!
Thanks, folks!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That's a pretty sweet break! I'd be interested in the Cespedes auto and any base minis that I still need if you are trading.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Is the Ryan or mays for trade?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I'm sure you'll come to regret the Holmes trade, but fortunately you got Dillon Maples to ease the sting a bit. That's almost as rare. I mean, I only pulled three of them from what was the equivalent of about three hobby boxes. lol
Kepler

Check me for the tribute base and numbered cards of trading please
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Nolan Ryan auto! Nice catch sir, congrats!

(04-19-2013, 11:07 PM)heros88 Wrote: Nolan Ryan auto! Nice catch sir, congrats!
Thanks!

(04-19-2013, 10:01 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm sure you'll come to regret the Holmes trade, but fortunately you got Dillon Maples to ease the sting a bit. That's almost as rare. I mean, I only pulled three of them from what was the equivalent of about three hobby boxes. lol
Ya' know, if the Dillon Maples card fails to pay for my daughters college in a few years, And you're sitting back and relaxing by the Olympic swimming pool that was paid for by my Clay Holmes card .... Well then I might have some "Traders' Remorse" Smile
LOL
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice hit with the Nolan! I am interested in the Hamilton if you are trading. Thanks