IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Rick Porcello?
Question 
Thoughts on Rick Porcello?
Hey guys Smile

I'm just starting to get into collecting baseball. I've been doing FB for the last 3 years and wanted to dabble a bit.

That being said, I just never collected baseball, just a fan. I love my Tigers, but myself and much of the fans around here aren't sure of Porcello. Had a solid rookie season, but has been up and down. Thoughts on this year? Does he pull it together? Does he get traded?

The reason I ask is that I would like to pick up some cards of his while they remain affordable, but don't want to end up in the red at the end of the season either.
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

RE: Thoughts on Rick Porcello?
I think he kind of is what he is at this point, and I kind of expect him to get traded after all of the talk a month or two ago. Probably the opposite of what you wanted to hear haha.

(04-03-2013, 07:34 PM)cubswinagain Wrote: I think he kind of is what he is at this point, and I kind of expect him to get traded after all of the talk a month or two ago. Probably the opposite of what you wanted to hear haha.
LOL, as a fan, no that's not what I like to hear. Smile But as someone going back and forth on investing in him, yeah, that's good stuff. I was kinda thinking along the same lines as a trade. His potential makes him good bait, but like you said, he may have reached it already.
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

I think he's due for a better year. I can see him winning 16-17 games as long as he stays healthy. He pitched great in spring training, not walking a single batter all spring. His control seems to be better which is getting him more ground balls. I look for good things from him this year. I'd say go ahead and pick up a couple of his cards. GO TIGERS!!!!!

That's the thing; he probably will pitch at least a little better, and even if he does get traded you should be able to flip those cards for a profit (assuming some improvement).