`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With all the success everyone is having with blasters...

With all the success everyone is having with blasters...
I've seen the posts for GQ and Heritage, but has anyone had any good retail success from Topps 2013? Thanks - Dale
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

RE: With all the success everyone is having with blasters...
Haven't seen much. Retail doesn't give you the chance for an auto or relic card. Your only chances at superhits are like 1 in 10,000+.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

What do you consider success getting a 1/1??? Might want to look for a new hobby. I bought most just because I dont have a hobby shop around and collect the sets so yes great success in helping me build sets...

And how does retail not give me a chance for autos, I pulled on this morning guess it was a 1 in kabillion hit

My apologies, I meant that there's no chance in a blaster box for an auto or relic from what I understand. It's great for set building, but not up to the levels we've seen this last week from Heritage and GQ blasters. I REALLY like those patch cards that you're guaranteed in the retail Series 1 Blasters. Not worth much on the resale market but they all look very nice.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Thanks for the reply, so it seems retail Heritage and GQ got the hits and few are in hobby and retail Topps gets little hits where hobby gets the most.

(04-01-2013, 09:20 PM)cross4444 Wrote: My apologies, I meant that there's no chance in a blaster box for an auto or relic from what I understand. It's great for set building, but not up to the levels we've seen this last week from Heritage and GQ blasters. I REALLY like those patch cards that you're guaranteed in the retail Series 1 Blasters. Not worth much on the resale market but they all look very nice.

Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

Anecdotally speaking, the odds on retail seem to have gotten better in recent product. Just do a keyword search of "blaster" in this forum and you'll see a lot of nice cards that have been pulled. The odds on autos are not as good as hobby boxes, but they're in there. In fact, over the course of 7-8 Bowman Chrome blasters ('11 and '12) I averaged about an auto every other box. You probably won't find any superfractors, or atomic refractors, or triple patch autos though.

In my opinion, blasters are usually a great buy if you can find them on sale ($11.99). At $19.99 though, it's a tougher bet.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Thanks for the reply, yeah I knew something was up when I opened my first blaster of Heritage and pulled a Jose Bautista Auto and a guy busted a Hobby box at the LCS and got pretty much nothing.

(04-01-2013, 09:31 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Anecdotally speaking, the odds on retail seem to have gotten better in recent product. Just do a keyword search of "blaster" in this forum and you'll see a lot of nice cards that have been pulled. The odds on autos are not as good as hobby boxes, but they're in there. In fact, over the course of 7-8 Bowman Chrome blasters ('11 and '12) I averaged about an auto every other box. You probably won't find any superfractors, or atomic refractors, or triple patch autos though.

In my opinion, blasters are usually a great buy if you can find them on sale ($11.99). At $19.99 though, it's a tougher bet.

i agree that they are getting better. I have pulled a few Jersey cards from 2013 topps retail
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I pulled a 2013 topps Pablo Sandoval World Series relic from one this past weekend.