Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1963 Topps Rookies Star

1963 Topps Rookies Star
Hi All,

I got this 1963 Topps Rookie Start Card # 537, I was looking on the internet and found that this is very expensive card. I want some suggestion before I go for grading and all. I just wanted to know if someone can give expert comment on this card whether this looks original crad or it is a Reprint, I dont want to waste money for reprint.

Please, Thanks in advance.

[Image: 201304011159_Page_1_zpsfb4f3386.jpg]

[Image: 201304011159_Page_2_zpsfa5864f9.jpg]

RE: 1963 Topps Rookies Star
Card would grade very high, if real?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Yes, but I dont know if this is Real or Not? Thats why i want somebody to give some expert comments.

Looks pretty real to me! That is a great card!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Hi Haze,

Thanks for your expert comment, So you think, it is worth grading it?

Sachin

(04-01-2013, 02:20 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Looks pretty real to me! That is a great card!
Likewise! Looks authentic.
That's what I would call a Key Rookie card! is it worth grading? A good question. It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you're selling it, sure, if you're keeping it, why bother. Not sure of the price to get it graded, but if it comes in at a high grade, it could bring you back quite a bit more. It's a beautiful card, either way. Congrats.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Smell it.... No i'm not kidding.. Smell it and see if it smells "vintage". I know you people know what i'm talkin about......Otherwise you got yourself a nice card, maybe a 6-7 grade which is not to shabby!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I'd get it graded, a card like that, it's worth it just for the case and protection.

There's a 8 up on eBay now selling for like 2,200.00, get it graded, I would go with psa
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Thank you everybody, I am going to grade it. I am stamp collector not the cards collector. After grading I just want to sell it.

Sachin

(04-01-2013, 07:22 PM)elberson Wrote: There's a 8 up on eBay now selling for like 2,200.00, get it graded, I would go with psa