`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good investment?

A good investment?
So I bought a bgs 9.5 damian lillard totally certifed red #/499 for $50. I think I got a good deal. If I keep it and sell it once he is Offically ROY will it go for more?

RE: A good investment?
That sounds like a good price to me, haven't paid much attention to his prices, but I would think as long as he continues to play well it should be a good investment, but he does still have a lot he needs to prove or he'll face winding up like John Wall as far as the market goes.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(03-18-2013, 07:28 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: That sounds like a good price to me, haven't paid much attention to his prices, but I would think as long as he continues to play well it should be a good investment, but he does still have a lot he needs to prove or he'll face winding up like John Wall as far as the market goes.
Yeah, I'm also thinking about buying a bgs 9.5 totally blue 299 of him but I don't know if I want to do it.

I think he has a lot of potential, but next season will be the key. Seeing if he can outlive his RC hype. I like the certified cards, the Blue Lillard would look great slabbed.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(03-18-2013, 07:53 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: I think he has a lot of potential, but next season will be the key. Seeing if he can outlive his RC hype. I like the certified cards, the Blue Lillard would look great slabbed.
Well Just bought the blue for $75. haha.

I think he'll go up when he officially wins the ROY. Unfortunately playing in Portland he's not gonna get a lot of hype after this season. Either he's got to get a lot better or the team would have to jump a level to get more attention as a second year guy. So, he would basically have to play as good as Kyrie is this season to get a bump next season. Or, Portland would have to jump to a top 4 or 5 team in the West, with him leading the charge for him to see a second year increase in prices.

As Briankort posts often here, rookies get a lot of price increases that fade in their second year even when they are productive in year two. Because the rookie hype machine turns to the new flavor (that year's rookie). If I were in your shoes I would look to move one of them at the end of the season when he has the most hype. Get some profits then decide if you want to move the other one too or hang onto it figuring you got an added discount on the second one with the profits from selling the other one.

Of course this is just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.

(03-18-2013, 07:28 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: That sounds like a good price to me, haven't paid much attention to his prices, but I would think as long as he continues to play well it should be a good investment, but he does still have a lot he needs to prove or he'll face winding up like John Wall as far as the market goes.
*looks at the Wall cards I held on to because I suck at prospecting* thanks a lot!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

The market price these days really has nothing to do with being a good player and everything to do with hype. IMO the only way to make money on new players is to get lucky and pull a low print or auto card from a pack and either sell it or grade it and sell it while the hysteria over him is going on. If you hold the card one or two years or even longer and he just stays a good player and loses the hype your prices will drop and you will lose money or at least not make money.

Buying an already graded BGS 9.5 or PSA 10 card at a higher level price will be really hard to turn for a profit unless your willing to hold onto it and take the chance that 5 or 10 years down the road he turns into a Lebron or Kobe. Personally don't see it happening, but who knows.

Use for example John Wall, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Rajon Rondo. These guys are all great talents and I would say mostly all better than Lillard is today. Doesn't mean he can't pass them by in the future. But the point I am making is most of those players cards do not sell for high BV except some extremely low print and auto RCs. But you have to pay high dollar for those cards so turning them for a profit is near impossible. The hysteria has worn off on those guys and people have moved on to newer younger players even though all of those guys are still great players and put up great numbers every night.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(03-18-2013, 11:24 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: *looks at the Wall cards I held on to because I suck at prospecting* thanks a lot!
LOL that sucks! He is still a good player but his cards have lost a lot of their selling power.

(03-18-2013, 10:36 PM)Jukeyou Wrote: Well Just bought the blue for $75. haha.
Congrats...was gonna say buy it before he does win ROY. It should go up some...