`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'12 Gypsy Queen base vs variation observation

'12 Gypsy Queen base vs variation observation
So. I just got in a lot of '12 GQ mini's and I have an observation as far as the base mini versus the variation photo counterpart. I really have to say that the base mini is in far fewer quantity than the photo variant by almost 3 to 1 and yet the variation card carries a higher BV. Sometimes I really do wonder about how they derive their pricing as it mostly seems like someone is just guessing.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

RE: '12 Gypsy Queen base vs variation observation
LOL....seems at times like the same pricing is given year to year...ie 2013 Series 1 SP's Out-of-Bounds were "priced" exactly like 2012 and if not mistaken 2011 sp's (mega star's excluded).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Pete I noticed this too. At first the price for the variant where up due to people thinking they would be as rare as the 2011. However, today they seem to be cheap due to supply and demand. I dont know why the BV stays high though.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

It doesn't seem like it would take a math whiz to figure out...7 variations per hobby box loader (only 91 different ones) versus getting 24 mini's per box spread out over 6 different parallel sets that are each 350 cards.
Same thing goes for the base A&G mini's 301-350 for the last several years, I'm not sure why it bothers me so much but it really does...I mean they make us pay for their market research and yet do they actually do the research? I am unemployed I'd be happy to volunteer Smile

It doesn't seem like it would take a math whiz to figure out...7 variations per hobby box loader (only 91 different ones) versus getting 24 mini's per box spread out over 6 different parallel sets that are each 350 cards.
Same thing goes for the base A&G mini's 301-350 for the last several years, I'm not sure why it bothers me so much but it really does...I mean they make us pay for their market research and yet do they actually do the research? I am unemployed I'd be happy to volunteer Smile

(03-11-2013, 04:47 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: It doesn't seem like it would take a math whiz to figure out...7 variations per hobby box loader (only 91 different ones) versus getting 24 mini's per box spread out over 6 different parallel sets that are each 350 cards.
Good point.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!