IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Couple ?'s for fellow hoarders

Couple ?'s for fellow hoarders
Mainly questions for Player Collectors

Okay first one,

Do you keep a "Unique Collection" and a "Dupe Collection"?

Meaning do you keep all the different cards together and the dupes in other boxes? I do and whenever I upgrade a patch I switch them out.

I need a better way to store my stuff now that I have so many so you can give me some ideas if you want.

Question #2

Do you have a card grave yard?

I keep all my damaged Colberts in one box. I don't know why I just do it. Most of them where cards I bought that were either damaged in the mail, people gave to me, etc. But for some reason I don't keep them with the others
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: Couple ?'s for fellow hoarders
I keep my main ones in binders and all the dupes in a box just for sending out to fellow collectors
Photobucket

I am just an amatuer hoarder but if I was a professional, I would keep dupes separate.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

as my pc player is relatively small compared to others, all my cards are in one box, even the dupes. once the number grows though, im going to do what rooster does.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

I currently don't keep my dupes separate, but every time I go through the PC boxes I feel like I need to separate them. When I get time I'm sure I'll get it done!

I use to just keep them all together but it was too hard to keep track of exactly what I had.

Keep them all together, otherwise how do you know how much you've managed to hoard?? I like seeing all 10 copies of something in the same place. Smile (okay, so I only do it with jersey and patch cards or autos, not base...)

And yes, I have a card graveyard. Sometimes if they're damaged enough, it's called the recycle bin. Sad

Onward Hoard!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

I have a Unique Collection but not really a Dupe Collection. Any dupes I acquire just go in the general card population for trading or what have you. For my Favres, they all reside in boxes. For the Huskies, the Autos and cards /100 or less I keep in binders because I like to look at them. The GU and other base/inserts I just keep in boxes. I don't really have a grave yard. If I'm that disgusted with the card (and if it's cheap enough, which most of the beaters I collect are, it just goes in the trash.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

See wendy it kills me to see them damaged but I physically cant throw them away! A lot of them are jersey and patch cards that were the victims of pack searchers. Bent up around the jersey swatch etc.

(03-07-2013, 08:09 PM)chads-cards Wrote: See wendy it kills me to see them damaged but I physically cant throw them away! A lot of them are jersey and patch cards that were the victims of pack searchers. Bent up around the jersey swatch etc.
Jerseys and patches are different...I keep all of those. I mostly mean base that have been crushed on the corners.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos