`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first official trade problem

My first official trade problem
So I got a padded envelope today and it was in another envelope provided by the USPS. I open it...and quickly realize my padded envelope has been ripped open...and the cards in it were obviously stolen. First time after about 100 sales and trades I've had a problom with USPS...but it's kina a bummer. And I know it's not the seller's fault...they have great ratings and a lot of trades. Quick question-do I still leave feedback and what do I leave for feedback for comments. Definately am not going to ding the sender...
http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/L...s/library/
Always collection Cal Ripken, Manny Machado, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, Justin Morneau, and other rare Colts and Orioles cards.

RE: My first official trade problem
(03-06-2013, 12:02 PM)lcollins1998 Wrote: So I got a padded envelope today and it was in another envelope provided by the USPS. I open it...and quickly realize my padded envelope has been ripped open...and the cards in it were obviously stolen. First time after about 100 sales and trades I've had a problom with USPS...but it's kina a bummer. And I know it's not the seller's fault...they have great ratings and a lot of trades. Quick question-do I still leave feedback and what do I leave for feedback for comments. Definately am not going to ding the sender...
I've had it happen a couple of times. The envelope gets caught in their machinery and gets ripped up and the contents disappear. Usually it is a PWE that suffers that fate.

If it was a padded envelope you really can't blame the sender since they did everything right. I hope it wasn't too valuable of a card and if it was it should have been insured.

Still the bottom line legally the sender is responsible to assure safe delivery and should refund, replace, or return the cards traded. Probably not right to ding their feedback if they follow through.

Ray

It was only about 18$ worth of Morneau cards...
http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/L...s/library/
Always collection Cal Ripken, Manny Machado, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, Justin Morneau, and other rare Colts and Orioles cards.

The sender is still responsible. That said, I agree it isn't their fault. Maybe you can split the loss. As for the PO that is what they do and without insurance they have no responsibility. They mark it damaged or put it in another envelope and resume delivery. I have had them come before ripped open and still delivered as is. A few times with the cards inside but ripped all to heck.

The only bad one was a Strasburg auto that was missing and the seller was from eBay. He refused to handle or split the loss and a claim had to be filed. I new it wasn't his fault and told eBay that I'd split the loss but they said "seller is responsible until merchandise is in hand."
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

rotten luck, sorry to hear about your problem Sad
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Insurance is not that expensive, I just sent out a package and insured it for $200.00 and it cost me $3.05.

Ray