`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting LeBron Piece of History

Interesting LeBron Piece of History
This is ticket stub is from the infamous High School Game after LeBron got the Hummer and later in the day was driving the remote control hummer before the game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketb...on_car_ap/

I had this ticket stub in an old cigar box and found while cleaning my office, i have been looking for this thing for years.

I remember the game so well, one of my friends whose cousins played for Mentor was telling me before the game that LeBron was overhyped and he had no outside shot. Well LeBron puts up 11 3 pointers that game!

I was sitting with all the Mentor fans and cheered LeBron the whole game. One of the Mentor Moms told me to sit down, so in retaliation i stood the whole second half...In fact the entire arena was standing cheering on LeBron.

Good Times....then he stabbed me in the back 8 years later. Yes...just a bitter Cleveland fan!
 photo lebon0001_zps5c165099.jpg
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

RE: Interesting LeBron Piece of History
Nice collector piece, it should be kept with the articles that reference the game. I remember the controversy, It was national news. What does your friend have to say about the hype now?

and the ticket cost you 9 dollars? you could likely go to a lebron less cavs game for 9 dollars now.

Cool story.. im interested in it if it's FT.

Am I the only one that finds it amazing that TicketMaster was selling tickets to a High School basketball game. I know there was a ton of hype for Lebron in high school, but didn't realize that TicketMaster got in on it too.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

That is a cool piece, I still have two ticket stubs somewhere from the Valentines Day 2003 Game. They played our highschool I was already graduated but still got tickets. I have no idea where they are at but I know they are here somewhere.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(03-03-2013, 10:42 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Cool story.. im interested in it if it's FT.
Thanks,going to have slabbed by sgc and display with my other unique items. As much as I hate LeBron it's a nice conversation piece to display in my office.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Pretty cool item.
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

(03-03-2013, 11:38 AM)djohn Wrote: Am I the only one that finds it amazing that TicketMaster was selling tickets to a High School basketball game. I know there was a ton of hype for Lebron in high school, but didn't realize that TicketMaster got in on it too.
LOL +1, that's the first thing I noticed too!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

That's a cool story Sonny. I used to have a friend who said the same thing, lol.

I'm actually one of the few people who had the chance to see him in his only slam dunk contest while he was in HS. I used to work for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and they game us some tickets to the event. I still have some pics from that night.

PS. I still have a lot of friends in Cleveland that like LeBron, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]