`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1992-93 McDonald's Upper Deck Variation?

1992-93 McDonald's Upper Deck Variation?
I picked up this card not to long ago for the PC. It is a hologram from the 1992-93 McDonald's Upper Deck set with a variation on the back. On the back of the card the where the text "Printed in the U.S.A." is printed, USA has been blacked out with a small box and replaced with UK. I have seen a few copies of the hologram cards from this set like this on ebay and COMC. Anybody know the story behind this?

[Image: 1992-93%20McDonalds%20Upper%20Deck%20Hologram%20a.jpg]

Regular card back
[Image: 1992-93%20McDonalds%20Upper%20Deck%20Hologram%20b.jpg]

Back of card in question
[Image: 1992-93%20McDonalds%20Upper%20Deck%20Hol...UK%20b.jpg]

Thanks for any help

RE: 1992-93 McDonald's Upper Deck Variation?
I have never seen this myself, and I hope that someone can give you a hand. Great walk down memory lane! Haha! Best wishes!

Randi

It had something to do with U.S. customs seizing an inbound shipment of the McDonald's card - they all read "printed in the U.S.A.", but they were inbound from England so they were seized due to this fact.

Apparently the government had Upper Deck add the notation of "UK" stamped over "U.S.A." to correct the issue.

That's what I know, I have complete sets of both.

And only available at McDonald's restaurants in Canada.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(03-02-2013, 09:31 PM)scarrman Wrote: It had something to do with U.S. customs seizing an inbound shipment of the McDonald's card - they all read "printed in the U.S.A.", but they were inbound from England so they were seized due to this fact.

Apparently the government had Upper Deck add the notation of "UK" stamped over "U.S.A." to correct the issue.

That's what I know, I have complete sets of both.
Thanks for the info. This is the type of stuff I really wish beckett would have in their annual guide.