`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Site Noob Needs Help

Site Noob Needs Help
New to the Beckett forums here and to the Org function, but I'm not new to the Beckett site and I'm definitely not new to collecting in general.

In brief, I've been collecting 25+ years, been to plenty of trade shows when they were starting to get big (anyone from the NYC area remember the great annual show at Pier 92 in the 80s-90s?). Never been to the National or any such show. Collection got sort of unwieldy and I've sold off most of it. Primarily focused now on New York Mets and regular issue Topps sets. My wantlist is ever evolving but I hope I've entered it into Organize correctly (There's also a random assortment of other cards I need to finish off sets in there).

Here's where it sits: I can sit around plonking away on eBay and SportLots, but what's on the list right now are primarily cards that I've either been unable to find at a price I think is reasonable, or I just can't find it altogether (or, in the case of the Seaver and Ryan RCs, I'm just waiting for a windfall). The following cards have been particularly bedeviling because they never seem to be available for sale:

1) 2004 Fleer Ultra #392 David Wright Lucky 13
2) 2009 Topps Heritage #698 Gary Sheffield SP
3) 2004 Fleer Ultra #383 Kaz Matsui Lucky 13
4) 2002 Bowman Heritage #336 Ronald Acuna SP

I don't have anything to trade, but if anyone can give me a kick in the right direction of finding these cards, that would be of great value.

Also, if my ORG doesn't work, let me know. I have no idea if I set it up properly. IMHO the site was a little better when it just had the HAVE/WANT setup...
Collects New York Mets and San Francisco 49ers. Sells mostly old junk wax that I don't have room for anymore.

RE: Site Noob Needs Help
If you want to be able to trade thru the site for the cards you have listed as wants, the easiest way is to add the "TRADE FOR" column and mark it. If you want cards you have to be be available for trade, open and use the "TRADE AWAY" column.

Let's go Mets Smile
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

if you are looking for specific cards and see who may have them for trade go to the search function where you add cards to your organizer. then open the link and it will give you a list of collectors who have the card for trade

In 336 Ronald Acuna there are 3 people. I havent seen them on in a while but send them a PM anyways
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I'll keep my eyes open.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Thanks for the help and advice! I don't really have a ton of stuff to trade, though. I've sold off most of my most trade-able cards and the majority of things I have remaining are cards I don't want to trade (I do a light amount of selling via eBay). I'm perfectly willing to pay for cards as opposed to trading, though.
Collects New York Mets and San Francisco 49ers. Sells mostly old junk wax that I don't have room for anymore.