`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your "best" worst pull?

RE: What's your "best" worst pull?
My son (age 10) now does the collecting (I enjoy helping him with it), but how about a 2011 Topps Chrome Freddy Garcia printing plate, or, more recently, the last pack opened in his 2012 Topps Update Series gifted at the holidays, which included of all autographed cards, an Ed Kranepool? Not exactly what he was hoping for or expecting.
Or, how about this one: a 2010 Topps Chrome Stephen Strasburg Auto Blue Refractor days after he blew out his arm, and it appeared at the time, he would share the same lore as Karl Spooner. Of course, we're pretty happy to still have the card today, but at the time...

2013 printing plate of Chris Capuano Sad my first 1/1 when I saw the shiny silver I was so pumped and then followed by disappointment at who it was.

Ticket to Stardom Mat Gamel auto/relic
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

2005 BDP Chrome Red Refractor 1/1 of Daniel Carte and a Jeff Clement 1/1 Magenta Printing Plate from 2 of 5 boxes. Sold both while they were hot so I was happy. Glad I didn't hold them.

It's not quite the same as these, but it still made me laugh. Last year, I bought two boxes of Topps Chrome. The first box only had one autograph, Drew Smyly, so I contacted Topps to get the missing hit. The second box had two autographs, both of which were Brad Peacock.

A week or two later, I received the replacement hit from Topps. I opened up the envelope to find... Brad Peacock.

I'll gladly take that off your hands Smile lol
(03-02-2013, 02:44 PM)Neifert Wrote: 2013 printing plate of Chris Capuano Sad my first 1/1 when I saw the shiny silver I was so pumped and then followed by disappointment at who it was.
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

(03-02-2013, 04:17 PM)dpatera Wrote: It's not quite the same as these, but it still made me laugh. Last year, I bought two boxes of Topps Chrome. The first box only had one autograph, Drew Smyly, so I contacted Topps to get the missing hit. The second box had two autographs, both of which were Brad Peacock.

A week or two later, I received the replacement hit from Topps. I opened up the envelope to find... Brad Peacock.
This got a laugh out me. Topps Peacock blocked you.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Pulled this Platinum 1/1 from series two last year....

[Image: IMG_0004-14-1.jpg]
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

2010 Topps Craig Counsell Platinum 1/1

Jason Botts auto /12 from Bowman originals every pack in that box blew until the last one it was a Bonds auto out of 10 I think something real low numbered sold it immediately
Looking for Cardinal Autos, Kaleb Cowart, Sweet Spot Autos

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz276/RANDYK72/

[Image: 004-1.jpg]