`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My Panini Redemption story

My Panini Redemption story
Well to make a long story short, on February 11th 2012 I redeemed a 2011 Panini Gridiron Gear Rookie Gridiron Gems Combo Prime Signatures Ryan Williams /15. Needless to say I completely forgot about it up until last week when I made a trade for an unredeemed 2011 Absolute Hakeem Nicks auto /25. After redeeming the Nicks, I called Panini to find out the status of the Ryan Williams. The Panini representative told me the Williams still wasn't available and he could check the value of it and send me something similar in it's place if I didn't want to wait any longer. Well with the horror stories I've heard on most of these sites about redemptions, and having gotten scrub auto replacements myself I was pretty hesitant to do this. I took a gamble and asked if I could request a NY player. The rep said "Sure, Jets or Giants?" I replied Giants. He said he would send the replacement and the Nicks out right away. Today I got this...

David Wilson Momentum 6/25
[Image: Wilson.jpg]

Although it's not as low numbered, it does hold a higher value than the Williams.
Looking for any and all New York Giants!
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/geemen10
Thanks, Russ

RE: My Panini Redemption story
very nice.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

I'd be happy with it.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Glad the redemption worked out for you. Great looking card. Awesome patches on it.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Wow - awesome card! Panini seems to be trying a little harder to make customers happy with replacements. Of course we'd be a LOT happier if we didn't get them in the first place.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

Glad to see everything worked out. I pretty much always opt for the replacement unless it's a PC guy that I'm waiting for. Peyton and Griffey always sign their cards though!
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

That's a nice card. Panini seems to have a huge stash of David Wilson cards available for replacements though, which is weird.

I had 2 redemptions I was waiting on for Dexter McCluster that didn't get signed (at least for a long time). They sent me the 2 cards, one marked "NO AUTOGRAPH", the other finally auto'd, AND they sent me 2 really nice mem/auto cards of David Wilson as well...
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Yeah that is a nice card! My Panini redemption story is getting a Kaepernick Contenders RC for a 2010 Contenders Max Komar. Of course at the time they booked the same but I was happier with the Kap than I would have been with a WR I have still never heard of outside of this particular card.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

first time i heard a redemption working out for the best!!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10