• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for advice

RE: Looking for advice
Base Topps or Gypsy Queen.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Thank you, I'm definitely going to get a few packs of each that everyone has suggested and go from there.

(02-27-2013, 10:35 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Base Topps or Gypsy Queen.

I have a question for anyone to answer, in Football, topps seems to put a good amount of Auto's in blaster boxes, do they do that for baseball too?
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

Blaster boxes are always a crap shoot...I have opened blaster boxes with barely a parallel, and have opened a blaster box with a card I sold for $225. Although to be honest, I haven't purchased blaster, retail, or hobby in over a year so I am not sure how blaster boxes are with Topps being the sole licensed provider for MLB cards.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

Cool. Another question, sorry if I seem like I know nothing, because, with baseball, I don't...lol It seems on the football boards, people only want to trade AU's and not really too much on Base, Parallels and Inserts. Are the baseball traders the same way, or does baseball like to trade those just as easy and willing as AU's? Just so when I start buying baseball and want to trade, I want to know if I need to stockpile AU's, or can I swap base, inserts and parallels.

(02-28-2013, 09:50 AM)zaccheus85 Wrote: Blaster boxes are always a crap shoot...I have opened blaster boxes with barely a parallel, and have opened a blaster box with a card I sold for $225. Although to be honest, I haven't purchased blaster, retail, or hobby in over a year so I am not sure how blaster boxes are with Topps being the sole licensed provider for MLB cards.

Because the number of baseball collectors is so much larger than all the other sports combined.....trading base/parallels is easie ...alot of folks collect full sets or in my case, collect team cards verses chasing only AU/GU

Don't be an idiot like me and go crazy buying alot of low end stuff....no matter how much you trade or give away, you will not be able to get rid of all your base cards (lol)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Cool, that's great to know. And I will take your advice, my wife complains about how much space I take up with football cards, I can't be taking up too much more with baseball or it's going to be miserable...lol

(02-28-2013, 01:04 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Because the number of baseball collectors is so much larger than all the other sports combined.....trading base/parallels is easie ...alot of folks collect full sets or in my case, collect team cards verses chasing only AU/GU

Don't be an idiot like me and go crazy buying alot of low end stuff....no matter how much you trade or give away, you will not be able to get rid of all your base cards (lol)